Mileage on Used RVs!!!

wbuffalo

Newbie, thinking about buying a 2004 sportscoach cross country 376DS SE. I am wanting to know about the mileage on RVs. This is a diesel pusher, I believe, I think it has 60,000 miles on it. Is this too many miles on a 2004 rv or considering it is a diesel, is it still good to go. The coach is on a lot in Ft. Pierce, FL and I live in West Virginia, saw it on the internet, put up a deposit to buy, but I will have to go look at the coach before I buy.

utmtman

Re: Mileage on Used RVs!!!

To me that sounds like a lot of miles for an 04. Im a full time rver with an 05 and I bought it with 10000 miles on it in 06 and still only have 25000 on it.

LEN

Put in context!! Yes for a 2004 it is high mileage as the average RVer puts less than 8-10000 per year. But as to, too many miles no, If still in good shape and having the fluids changed as per spec's, the drive train is just broken in and ready to roll. I would look at tires and batteries(5years old) as this is the time and costs could run $5-$600 for batteries and $3000 for tires. Also unless you know all about RV's have an inspection($300 now could save $1000's later).

LEN

DL Rupper

To put the milage in context we have been full-timing for 13 years and have put an average of 7200 miles a year on our 5th wheel. We have put over 300,000 on our tow vehicles, so 60,000 on a coach is high mileage, however, the diesel engine shouldn't be much more than broke-in if has been well maintained.

G

i agree with DL ,, a diesel is good for many miles ,, when i worked for Kenworth ,, i seen many over the road trucks with more than 400,000 miles on them ,, and u would think that they are like new ,, good power ,, and runs great ,, but it also falls back on the maintance ,, if kept up ,, then u should not have a problem ,, but JMO :) ;)

utmtman

So sounds like you gotta ask to see the maintenance for that vehicle, if they cant produce or wont produce I would pass er by.