mobile communications

krenzkes

Does anyone have experience with using cell phones in conjunction with a lap top for mobile communications in their RV's? Also, I'm looking at using a CB radio on our next big trip and want to know if anyone has experience with the cellphone type antenna's that stick to the glass instead of attaching to the mirror's or other attachments. What are some that are good? Thanks.

polock

mobile communications

Bought one ast radio shack that goes thru glass it will get out good enough for road conditions I have had several I'm satisfied with them

fdj7348

mobile communications

I haven't tried it yet, but I just changed yesterday to Verizon Wireless (it gave ME the best nationwide coverage/price/feature combination; may not be best for you) and bought a phone and a connection ($80) that will allow me to use the phone for a modem for my laptop. Many of the nationwide companies do that.

I suspect it will not be as fast as I'm used to, but it will allow me to at least get on the internet occasionally. I plan to use it nights and weekends when I have the most free minutes.

Good luck in your search!