mold in rv

2scooter2

We have an 06 Escalade 5th wheel with a serious mold problem. Has anyone experienced this and how to deal with it. Any info would be appreciated. :(

Steve H

RE: mold in rv

We have been lucky here in the great Northwet! I keep one of THESEgoing all the time and also keep a vent open or window slightly open. So far no mold! I also do not cover our 5th wheel. A little more information might help others in suggestions! i.e. where are you located, is your RV covered, do you have any type of dehumidifier, was there ever a water leaketc.

Best of luck!

LEN

Re: mold in rv

More info where is it??? If its from moisture inside the RV the open windows and vents from now on to keep it to a minimum. If an outside source you will have to find it and seal. As to clean up ZEP from Home depot does wonders, I use it in my rentals to kill and get rid of the mold. And then the ZEP bathroom cleaner to clean it. Stinks bad so spray and run, then as it settles scrub lightly with whatever is appropriate and rinse.

LEN

DL Rupper

Re: mold in rv

I use Wal-Mart Great Value antibacterial spray disinfectant. Kills mold, mildew and germs. It doesn't smell bad, but it probably isn't as strong as the ZEP. Works more as a preventative.