Mold & Mildew

krsmitty

Hello,

First time to the forum. :)

Was looking for any tips & tricks to removing the mold and mildew from the rubber strips around the windows and the awning.

Thank you.

24' Ameri-lite, 2007 Ram 2500 5.9 TD

rjf7g

Re: Mold & Mildew

krsmitty-
Welcome to the forum. I use a mild detergent (like Joy) and a stiff brush on my awning.

Grandview Trailer Sa

The mold around windows is almost impossible. Sorry for the great news, but that is it. The awning can be cleaned several ways. You can do what Becky says, You can wash it with what we use and that is Reliable. That is a GREAT cleaner that we use for just about everything. A friend of mine uses a mix of half and half water and bleach. He sprays his awning, rolls it up for 15-20 mins. Unrolls it and rinses it off. I have to admit his awning is CLEAN!!

krsmitty

RE: Mold & Mildew

Thanks everyone!

As for the bleach...I was under the impression that using bleach may cause the stitching in the awning to weaken? Maybe ok as long as it is diluted, such as the half and half mixture?

vanole

I'm with GTS on the use of Reliable 1. Been using it myself for about 5 years on the motorhome and boat canvas works awesome. It is also the only cleaner I have found that will get rid of bird duty stains. I have a choke cherry tree and blueberry bushes in the vicinity of where I park my motorhome. Nothing worse than being dive bombed after spending a day cleaning up the M/H. Good ole Reliable 1 on a damp cloth cleans it off no muss no fuss.

V/R
Jeff

krsmitty

RE: Mold & Mildew

Would Reliable 1 be in the category as Simple Green? Don't think I have seen it in stores, unless it is found in RV type stores. Such as Camper World?

Grandview Trailer Sa

Reliable is NOT in the same class as Simple Green....You will have to go to an RV dealership to find Reliable. Not all of us have it, just the better ones!!! :laugh:

Many folks here have gotten it from me. Go to my website and online store. We will ship it right to you.

I will say that I do not use bleach either, but my friends awning is clean. He is not leaving it on long enough to cause damage.

H2H1

I agree with Jeff, RELIABLE is great, I bought some when I was up for Grandview Trailer Sales Open House in April. I will say it does what it said it will do and that is clean. But as Ken has stated, you can't get it at Wall Mart or and other discount store. So if you want a bottle go to his on line store and order it . You will not be disappointed.