Discussion in 'Class A / Diesel Pushers' started by cemccor, May 27, 2015.

  1. cemccor

    cemccor Junior Member

    We recently purchased a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer motor home. When we got it home, and opened it up the very next day, there was a strong odor, the minute we opened the door. We were advised by a friend to get a mold detection kit. We cleaned the motor home from top to bottom an did not find any visible signs of mold. We use the mold detection kit an it showed there was mold present. We got a second kit and it showed the same. We cannot see any signs of mold but these kits say there is mold present. We are not sure what to do next. The smell is gone now so don't know if that had anything to do with our problem or not. Any suggestions??
  2. akjimny

    akjimny Senior Member

    Hi Cemccor and welcome to the forum. You said you cleaned from top to bottom. Did you clean the fabric items also? You could have mold spores in the cushions, drapes, etc - anything fabric. Worst case scenario is the motorhome had/has a leak and you have mold inside the walls. Check for any spongy areas or visible water damage. Hope you find the problem and it turns out to be something simple.

Share This Page