Motor home tires

TexasClodhopper

Re: Motor home tires

Remember, Hollis, that just because one company buys another doesn't mean that the products from the bought out company will change. Actually, they probably will get worse.

H2H1

WELL TEX do you care to say if they are good,medium or fair tires? I just want to hear from someone who has run BFG tires on there MH. and how well they did and was they satisfied with them. I am looking at saving money of course, but that is not the driving factor. I can afford the best, but why pay more if it not necessary, and you got to replace them in 6-7 years. Now if I was fultiming that would be different, I would put the best on but putting about 4k-5k miles a year is hard to justify the extra expense. Thanks

vanole

H2H1,

I've seen BFG on some M/H's. Think they make a good tire, never heard of any complaints. I would suspect that this is not a M/H specific tire most like a regional truck tire which may (operative word is may) give you a bit of a stiffer ride. I'd make sure load range is the same or greater than your present tires, and the tires are within 4-6 months of manufacture date or I'd ask for some more money off the price. After getting new rubber go thru the weigh the M/H game again.

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

MHTOM

here again i see that i have maybe put the cat in the fire as it may be said
I didn't think i would have gotten so many responses on a little tire issue
thank you all i am very happy with this sight but i still have the generator problem
Texasclodhopper thank you i will use the enter key more
but before i get off here what is this black and gray tank
i don't have a clue i think the gray tank would be for the water i would hope
but the black tank has me puzzled and while we are on that
how do i go about filling up my water tank i know i have one but not sure on the operation of it do i fill it where it says city water or is there another place to fill it i thought this rv stuff was easy but now i see it is not
how do you all do what you do and not go crazy
but i am the new one here so i guess i will learn and find out for myself
thank you all you have been more than willing to help a new comer like me

TexasClodhopper

Yer welcome, Tom!

It is better to start a new post thread when you change topics (like from tires to black and gray tanks.) It is a lot easier later for someone to come up behind us and find answers to particular topics. Except if you are Rod (730), then there's no telling what might happen! :clown:

You are right, though, the gray tank holds the liquids other than those that go down the toilet. Those toilet liquids are for the black tank to hold and be dumped later.

The city water inlet is for the hose (a special white one) that provides potable drinking water to your RV.

Depending on your RV model, the water tank (that provides water with a pump when you aren't hooked up) could be filled up through the city water inlet by turning a valve. On my MH I have a separate inlet on the same side as the city water inlet that is used to fill the water tank.

vanole

MHTOM,

Tex is spot on in his response. Course a Navy guy like me can't shut up, concerning the hose as Tex mentioned (special white one) should say on it for RV/Marine use. I bought many a cheap one and hated every one of them. They all kink up and I played stump the chump many times while hooking up much to the delight of neighboring campers I suspect. Confounded things would get me in a foul mood quick. Look for the kink free type hose if you have a short aggravation fuse like me. Well worth the couple of extra bucks in my wife/daughters opinion.

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

Xlgcrplt

RE: Motor home tires

OK, I know this is an older post, but wanted to answer a couple of questions on the tires being used by truckers thing. being a driver for 32 years & an owner operator for the last 7 of them. The "trade in" tires probably will be put on Trailers to finish out there tread, then the casing if not blown apart will be recapped and sold again & again. These types of tires would Never have been put on my tractor, (never owned the trailer), But the BIG co.'s will use them. because there cheap & it's not the owners of these co.'s that have to drive on them. No used or recaps are allowed by D.O.T. to be put on the steer axle. as far as how many years, Well lets see they will last about 100,000 to 150,000 miles. So I put new ones on my rig every 12 to 18 MONTHS, depending on how much I went home, lol So if I can get 6 yrs out of a set of tires man will that be a blessing . I guess if I had a question it would be does Bridgestone make 19.5 tires because that has been the best brand for me the last 7 years. FYI : Most of the big trucks run either 22.5's or 24.5's ,