motorcycle carrier

rdinero

I have a 2008 Keystone Challenger 37' fifth wheel with 4 slides. I tow with a 2005 F350 4WD Super Crew Dually. I would like to carry a motorcycle on the back of the fifth wheel with a Joe Hauler motorcycle carrier. A welder says he can install a hitch on the back of the fifth wheel....Has anyone done this? Any advise or suggestions?

Re: motorcycle carrier

Saw it once while I was at a rv site.Talked to the guy who had it done and he was well pleased with it.He was carrying a HD and it handled it fine.I think he had a regular RV though,but if you have a good welder do the work it should work well.

C Nash

I have seen it also but just always a little leary of hanging that much weight on rear of rvs. Most rv frames are not heavy enough for this but JMO. The 37 ft probably has a pretty heavy frame though. If you have a good welder and he says it can be done I would go with him. Keep us posted

akjimny

I think it would work if you had a light weight dirt bike. I wouldn't put my big Suzuki cruiser or a Harley Davidson on one. :eek: :) :)

Steve H

RE: motorcycle carrier

You might consider one of THESEThey are expensive but a lot less stressful on the frame of your Challenger and since they are rigid mount, they are not considered a double-tow.