Motorcycle Lift?

M P_doc

We're working through all of the details in our preparation to go full-time RVing. Does anyone use a motorcycle lift? We have a Harley Davidson Electraglide Ultra Classic. We're looking to sell our car (2009 Civic Hybrid) because it's not a candidate for flat towing.

C Nash

What kind of rv do you have? The Harley is probably pretty heavy. I have seen then on lifts behind large MHs. Think I would rather have a trailer enclosed to carry a Harley. JMO

H2H1

Here is an idea, get a truck that can be towed and put the HD in the back, this way you would both for you to use. But this is depending on what size you RV you have, is it large enough to tow a truck with the HD in the back? I just saying that is an idea.

akjimny

I am envious of your Harley. I have a Suzuki C90T that I tow on an open trailer behind the motorhome. The bike does suffer a bit going thru Canada, what with the gravel and mud, but nothing I can't wash off. If I did have a harley, I would definitely get an enclosed trailer. If you are uncomfortable towing and backing a trailer, there is a company that makes a platform with swivel wheels that hitches to the back of the motorhome.

The bigger Class A diesel pusher motorhomes can handle a lift and the weight of your bike, but I wouldn't recommend one on a Class C. Good luck and post back with what you decide on.:):)

M P_doc

We actually don't have the RV yet... we're headed back Stateside (we're in Korea) in a couple of months to look at and possibly purchase one. We're looking for a 39'-42' diesel pusher. I'm thinking that the trailer idea is a good one, and we'll chew on that for a while. Thanks!