My 1st Trailer

uwantmore

I'm new to the camping world,Im gone to order a 2011 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 SS Saturday at 10am.No turning back after I order it.My Truck is a 2004 Ford F150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 4.6-liter V8 automatic 355 Gear Ratio 5'.5" Bed Wheelbase 132.5 "(New Body Style)The truck has a built in Trans co0ler (Factory).The trailer says its 1/2 Ton Towable Dry Weight is 5,280 And GVW is 6,480 .The Ford Dealer said my truck could pull 6900 Lbs but thats a conservative number.Do you think this is to much trailer for my truck?The Ford Dealer Said I could pull it withease and the Rv Dealer also said I could pull it,but the RV dealer is trying to sell me a trailer and the Ford dealer isnt buying a trailer.So Your opinion is needed.

Water Capacity - Black:28Water Capacity - Fresh:35Water Capacity - Grey:30# Air Conditioners:1GVW:6,480Dry Weight:5,280Payload Capacity:1,200Hitch Weight:780

Kirk

Re: My 1st Trailer

Sorry that nobody has replied as yet. You will find that Forest River does not have a good reputation on this forum. They are a bargain manufacturer and when you build to sell at the lowest price you are seldom able to spend much on quality construction or quality control.

Triple E

Well you have the small engine, not good. I find with my F-150 with the 5.4 V-8, long bed, that 5,000 lbs is just about the limit. You will be working your truck really hard, transmission cooler or no transmission cooler. Don't be surprised if you find your self looking for a bigger truck very soon. I do not understand why the salesmen tell people this kind of crap. It is just plain and simple not safe. Be Careful!!!!!

Sorry to tell you this but not a good move. All that I can say is, good luck to you and the ones around you. JMHO.

Triple E

Yes Jeanie you are right. He has probably, by now, found out he has made a mistake. :laugh: