NADA

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by krsmitty, Aug 19, 2009.

1. krsmitty

krsmitty Senior Member

I was wondering how close the NADA.com used RV values are to the real thing? Good tool for used RV shopping?

Thanks.

2. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Re: NADA

Ken,
    I use NADA to put a value on a trailer. But you cannot do the add's that the website allows. What I mean is: Water Heaters, Furnaces, Microwaves, AC's, Awnings, and the like, are STANDARD and cannot be added again to the base value.

Rairly in the last couple of years have I been able to sell a used trailer at NADA's retail value.

3. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Ken it's just a good guide to get a ball park figure on the value from low to high. Helps when your out there looking. prices can vary with the area also.

4. Grandview Trailer Sa

I realize that

5. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

:laugh: Sorry GTS I was posting to the other OP Ken :laugh: . Guess we are going to have to start adding ABC to all the Kens and Jims on here :laugh: ;)

6. Grandview Trailer Sa

SORRY....no problems Nash

7. Kirk

Kirk Senior Member

The other part of this is that there is a published version which is generally more helpful than is the internet one. NADA sells those books and we who are not members (NADA = National Automobile Dealers Association) pay a premium price to help to generate funds for the associations services to it's members. If you visit your public library, you will likely find a current copy in the reference section. Most main libraries subscribe to them. They are published quarterly.