National Interstate Glass Claim - Toad

Shunpiker

This will be my first claim with NI.

I contacted NI by telephone and received a recording to leave info for next day call back.

Not an emergency, so no problem.

Has anyone had any experience with a windshield glass claim with NI?

We are currently in Texas. AGAIN!

In 2000 and again in 2006 while insured under progressive, I had a MH windshield replacement claim on each occasion. Again while in Texas.

I reached a live person each time. On the 2000 claim, a mobile RV service replaced the windshield at our site. It was a smaller MH on a ChevVan chassis at the time.

The 2006 claim was handled by progressive and required the shipment of a replacement windshield by Duncan Glass and was repaired at Ancira in Boerne.

Both progessive glass claims went extremely well, and completed in a timely manner.

What can I expect from NI?

I will continue to post my progress with NI.

Kirk

Re: National Interstate Glass Claim - Toad

Can't help with that, but if you should come through the Dallas area, stop by East Fork park on Lavon Lake and we will be happy to welcome you! We are resident volunteers in the park.

Shunpiker

Step #2

Received a call from NI at 7:30 a.m.

They took the information, provided claim number, adjuster's name and that I will be contacted by the adjuster, etc.

I was told I can take the car anywhere for repair.

As a Florida resident, every glass claim I have had has occurred in Texas on the Motorhome. The auto glass occurred in Utah.

Each occurrence, was the result of a truck - Big Truck passing on an interstate, or going the opposite direction throwing a rock up hitting the windshield.

In 32 years of Rv'n, have had the above 3 glass cracks. All have occurred in the last 8 years. Just my turn again.

TexasClodhopper

"in Texas. AGAIN!"
"Again while in Texas"
"every glass claim I have had has occurred in Texas"

I suppose you should just stay in Florida ...

DL Rupper

Hey I have an idea. Maybe you should buy a 5th Wheel. Iv' e never had a front window class claim on my 5er. :laugh:
I like Progressive even if they are PROGRESSIVE politically. :laugh: Maybe you should switch back to Progressive since you've had good luck with them. I like the fact I can work claims online or with a phone and they always talk to you really fast (no long hold periods). My policy and all other info including claim status is viewable online with progressive Direct. :cool:

Shunpiker

RE: National Interstate Glass Claim - Toad

What ME stay in Florida, He$$$$$$ No,

Just bought a house in Texas, goin to stay, been tryn' to get here since 1836.

An, I ain 't goin back. "Cracked Windshield Ranch", is where I'll be if'n ya come lookn'

OBTW, NI is working out great so far. Safelite is coming out tomorrow to replace the windshield, with the $0 deductible glass replacement from Florida, seen' as how we haven't moved into the CWRanch yet. Close on the 29th.

TexClodhopper, you must a misread my mean'n about While in Texas Again! Or Again in Texas! Have it your way. But, I ain't Leav'n,... We could meet at the OK corral, but thats in Arizony.

See ya at the Alamo!

When I talk to my grand-daughter, she asks, where are you?... I say Texas, and she says AGAIN!, I say stilllllll!

My son says I spend so much time in Texas, we should buy a place, so I did.

Here's a historical question for ya! How many native Texans were there in 1821?

Besides what I like about TExas is they sure take care of their famous folks.

Every place we go we see a sign that says HISTORICAL MARKER, I sure want to meet Mr. Marker, sure is a funny name though.

Historical, wonder what they call him for short.

C Nash

WOW Johm, been trying to get to Texas since 1836 :eek: :laugh:. Where you been so long? :laugh:

cwishert

Does that mean you are 172 years old or older? :clown: :laugh: Or was that in another life or what?

whitey

It just takes some of us longer than others to get to Texas; I would like to be in Fort Davis right now.

Shunpiker

C Nash - Tryn' to get to TEXAS!!!!,,,,,Took the long way around.,,,,,,He$$, homeland security back then wasn't much!!!!!!!Come to think of it, now it may not be much either, maybe just a pia to us.

cwishert - Some days I feel that old and older, However, if you recall HX, General George S, believed in reincarnation,,,,,,don't recall how many wars he was in during the previous centuries prior to the Big One or that is WWII.

I have always been a Texan through eternity, just ask my wife. She has gotten so tired of hear'n TEXAS, she let me move here,,,,,,finally!!!!!I wore her down. I know she Loves Texas tooo, especially the Texans!!!!! Besides with my 5'6" stature, I fit right into Tejas! Because EVERYTHING IS BIGGER in TEXAS!

I have never been a wannabe Texan, always have been,,,,,juan sequin will vouch for me, and I still might be able to get a reference from Stephen Austin.....Besides we have our TEXAS Passports, and just waiting for an appointment to be baptized in the Brazos River.

;) ;)

remember the Alamo, Remember Goliad!

The Spirit of Texas is America!

DL Rupper

Golly, we need a seperate forum subject.

RVUSA MAIN FORUM--TEXAS RV'ers :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

Shunpiker

New windshield installed.

No fuss, no muss, no cost. Those are days that I don't mind.

I go lookn' for new Texas Rock!

Called adjuster, thanked her for efficient handling of claim!:)

Windshield was replaced at our site.