Need help....Questions from a foreigner who knows nothing

kitsadar

Hi everyone,

My name is Kitsada from Thailand. I and my family come to the states to take our kids (4 years old boy and 1 year old girl) to see a doctor here. Next week, as there is no treatment for our son, we decide to travel from New York to Orlando (for Disney World) by RV. We booked a RV from Cruiseamerica and already got one.

As you can guess, we are very new and totally know nothing to this RV world. I have so many questions and have been trying to find out by looking on the internet, but found none. Therefore, I decide to register to this forum. I’m pretty sure you people can help me out. Anyway, sorry in advance, as my questions might not making sense in some way : )

1. Because we have to travel so such a long way, we do need a place to stop for dumping trash or recharging the battery (and may be to have some rest walking). My questions are:
1.1 Do the campground allow us to park temporary?
1.2 If they do, how much it gonna cost. Do they open for us to do these (dumping and recharging) for 24 hours a day (just like we can stop at a gas station)?

2. My kids have problem with their eating habit (This is one of the reasons we take them to see the doctor here). Many times they will refuse to the food we cook and we have to drive around to find some specific restaurant for them. We, finally, always have problems with our timetable. I could imagine that, in this trip, if we decide to stop and stay in any campground we have to do it right away (I mean we couldn't make a reservation in advance as we are very not sure if we can present there) Here come the questions:
2.1 Is it necessary to make a reservation for the campground? Can we just drive in?
2.2 What is their check-in hours? Are they open for very late check-in or do they do 24 hours check-in?

Again, thank you so much for your help.

akjimny

Re: Need help....Questions from a foreigner who knows nothing

Hi Kitsada and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. Traveling from New York to Orlando )1-79 miles) will take you about 3 days. Now for the rest of your questions -

1. Campgrounds won't allow you to park temporarily for free. However, there are Rest Areas all along the interstate where you can pull in for a few hours, dump any trash you might have, use the rest room facilities, etc. all at no cost.

2. Most all campgrounds do not require a reservation. I have driven from one side of the US to the other and into Canada, and have never made a reservation, and have never been turned away because I didn't have one. Maybe I'm just lucky. :laugh: :laugh: Most campgrounds do have "Office Hours" when someone is available to check you in and guide you to your spot. Most also have after hours check-in where you put your money in an envelope and find a vacant spot. All campgrounds (just like hotels) have mandatory checkout times or you may have to pay an additional fee.

Hope this answers your questions. Good luck with your child's medical treatment and welcome to the USA. :) :)

kitsadar

Re: Need help....Questions from a foreigner who knows nothing

Thank you for your answers. It helps me a lot. You people are so nice :) :)