Need Help With Dump Valves/Levers

lolly

I don't know what they're called....those "T" thingies you pull to open and close the holding tanks.

Mine are very difficult to pull out and push in. Can I lubricate them with something and how to go about it? I have to get down on the ground and pretty much use ALL my strenth to open and close them.

BarneyS

In addition to the above, I would put a little tank chemical into the toilet and down the sink to lubricate the valves. What is possibly happening is that the slide valves themselves are getting stuck and need a bit of lubrication. Use one of the chemicals that advertises as lubing the valves.

phillyg

This is a trick I learned from someone else, and it works. With the t-handles pushed in and twisted to the horizontal, drill a small hole at the top front of the blade housing, big enough to spray in WD40 or silicon using a tube extension. Work the t-handles back and forth; spray in more lubricant as necessary. Use a small screw to fill the hole.

Some folks will tell you that you shouldn't use any lubricants on the blades, but my position is that if you have to fight the darn things every time you dump, something's going to break sooner or later, anyway. I haven't experienced any leaking after doing this about a year ago.