Need info

big al

I just purchased a 1999 sunliner solaris. This is my first rv purchase. While trying to get familar with everything, after hooking the water up, the toilet started to fill up. Had I not flushed the toilet and turned off the water it would have, well we know what comes next. Does anybody know why this would happen??
Thanks for any input. A very excited soon to be rv camper.. Alan

JimE

RE: Need info

Al welcome to the forum. Without additional information it sounds like the valve that is operated by either a foot pedal or hand pedal is stuck in the flush position. Have you checked the flusher to make sure its not stuck? Let us know and we can go from there.

Kirk

Re: Need info

All flush toilets have a valve that opens to supply water to them and that valve is clearly defective. To know more, we would need to know both the make and the model of your toilet. If it happens to be from Thetford, there is a high probability that there are replacement valves available. If you do replace the valve, then while you have it out also get a complete seal kit and replace all of the seals as well since the toilet is now more than ten years old. If you pull the toilet to rebuild it, you should also replace the seal between the toilet and the sewer connection at the floor.

You might also want to consider a new toilet, perhaps upgrading to a nicer model. They range in price from about $150 to as much as $450 at Camping World. http://www.campingworld.com/search/...de+matchallpartial&Ntk=p_keyword&Nty=1&Ntpc=1

big al

RE: Need info

Thank you so much for the feedback on this issue. I will look at the flush valve and go from there. Look forward in talking more in the future. Thanks again, Alan