Need Owner's Manual 1999 Alfa

bandalop

Can anyone give me some information on how to obtain a owners manual for a 5th wheel that is out of production? I recently purchased a 1999, 38.5 ft Alfa 5th wheel from a private party who obtained the trailer via a will. No manual was included and the seller knew nothing about RVs. The 5th wheel is wired for 220V? It apperars to be so but I sure don't want to plug it in till I know. I thought all RVs were either 30 or 50 amp 120V. And, the airconditioner is under the floor? A manual would sure help.

C Nash

Re: Need Owner's Manual 1999 Alfa

Art, I don't think you are 220 volts. Kind of missleading but it's really just two 110s. Some of the electrical gurus will better explain than I can. Some of the newer models do have a true 220 volts I think. It most likely is a 50 amp which you can still plug up to 30 amps with an adapter.

bandalop

Yes, I can't believe it is 220V either but the power plug is not the 120V 50A plug I am use to seeing. The plug is actually a 220 male plug with 4 prongs. Really confusing!

H2H1

hey ART, take a picture of it and put it here so we can see what you have. I do believe that would help us out trying to help you out.

C Nash

Art, the 50 amp plug has four prongs with two 110 legs. If you look close it should ,the prongs, be arranged different than a normal 220 plug. For instance a clothes drier. The 110s are seperate in the rv with all units in the rv working off 110 or the 12 volt batteries. Goggle 50 amp rv electrical service and you will find better explanations than I can give. keep checking back here. There are several very good electrical people on the forum. I think the Alfa is made in Canada so it could be different from my thinking.

bandalop

I now have some pictures of the power cord. If I can figure out how to attach I hope to ge them displayed herein.

Art

bandalop

Not having much success with the pictures. Will try again. If I can get them displayed, I have a photo of each end of the power cord as they are different.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Art,
You have a 50 amp, 110v plug and they have 4 prongs. Actually you do have 2 - 110 lines going in, but they are never put together to make the 220.

No new trailers use 220 either.

bandalop

Not having much success with the pictures. Will try again. If I can get them displayed, I have a photo of each end of the power cord as they are different. No luck with the photos, I keep getting an error message.
The male end of the cord has 4 prongs. The prongs create a circle. A round prong and opposite of the round prong is a flat prong and then on either side of these two prongs are flat prongs (all flat prongs are oriented in the same direction that is they are parallel with each other). On the other end of the cord is a three prong twist lock configuration with a forth connection on the outer edge of the round connector. This is the best I can do without the photos.

bandalop

RE: Need Owner's Manual 1999 Alfa

After discussions with friends who have 50A service I have determined that is what I have. The plug on the end of the power cord is a 50A, single phase plug. Makes me feel better as I have not know of an RV that is wired for 220V (where would you find that in a camp ground?).
Still need a manual! Too much in this RV to not have a manual. I would really like to know how it is wired and where all the plumbing is.