Need some help

Mark Heron

I have a Sunline TT on a permanent site, the campground is seasonal. They close in a few days. I would like to get a generator and use the trailer after they shut the electric off next week. I will need to fill water tank as well since electric and water are being shut off. Do I need to open any valves or close any? How long can I run on battery power? I do no have any operating instructions since I bought this TT used. Anything I need to be concerned about doing this? I would really like to continue to use the TT for a few more months.

Thanks for any help
Mark

rjf7g

Re: Need some help

I have a park trailer on a seasonal site and here's what comes to my mind:
-Will the campground allow it? I can make special arrangements to come in and stay once or twice over the off-season, but not for weeks at a time.
-Not only do you need water, but you need to be able to deal with your holding tanks.
-You are in Maryland, so you will probably need to winterize at some point. It is easier to clean out your holding tanks and winterize when you have access to water and electricity.
-You can use a generator to keep your battery charged so your water pump can pull from your freshwater tank. If you heat with propane or run your fridge on propane, you will need to have a charged battery for these to work as well.

I missed camping so much in the off-season that I bought a way-used class C for "winter camping." I am in Virginia and have had fun the few times I have been able to go camping in it.

Mark Heron

I can go in anytime. The sewer lines are open but the water is shut off. So I will not have to use gray water tank just fresh water. What size generator is good for this purpose. How long can I run on a fully charged battery? Any other things I need to be concerned about. Will not be using the fridge since I would only go for a day or two. I will bring cooler. All I really need is power the heat is propane. I just want to be able to spend a few weekends down there over the off season.

elkhartjim

Will you have to winterize after each visit? If the cg shuts off the water, sounds like they are concerned with freezing. Do you have a solar panel to trickle charge when you're not there? You are going to use a lot of water if you intend to "clean out" your black tank before leaving. How long can you run on a battery? Just one? Of course it depends on what your trying to run. Just lights, probably several days. Understand too, you heater will pull a lot of electricity even though its LPG. Sounds like a lot more trouble than fun. IMHO.

rjf7g

I don't know that you will be able to keep the fresh water in your fresh water tank from freezing if the temperature drops and stays below freezing for a couple of days. I have a Honda EU2000i and it will keep the battery charged, no problem. The battery running a few lights (you could always get a 9V table lamp, too) and your propane heater isn't a problematic as your water system. Ever thought of adding an outhouse on to your site?

Mark Heron

Well I just got back I decided to just close it for the season, I am very sad that it is over for the season, come on April 15th, Thanks for everyones advice