New and eager

lynx

Hi!

My name is Kat and I live in Ontario Canada. My love Wayne and I recently decided we want to engage in the adventures of the RV world.

What I would like to know is:

1. What is the most important thing you think we should know?
2. What is the greatest challenge with RVing?
3. Where is the most facsinating place you have ever been to in an RV?

We are looking forward to getting to know you all!
Happy Trails!
Kat

utmtman

Re: New and eager

1. That things are not always what they seem. The dw says the cost.
2. Having enough money to cover everything. The dw says finding resonable places to stay.
3. Yellowstone National Park The dw says Branson, Missouri
Ok there you have two opinions.

hertig

1) The most important thing to know is that most dealers are not your friend. See Grandview Trailer Sales for an exception. And that the service department is more inportant to you than the sales department.
2) Choosing the right RV for you. And equipping it with everything you need and nothing you don't need and not exceeding any of its weight limits. And keeping it serviced.
3) Generally, holes in the ground, to wit, Meteor Crater, Grand Canyon and Palo Duro Canyon. The nicest place we ever stayed was Winter Island park off the coast of Salem MA. Of course GETTING TO IT was the most excitement we've had in an RV. In MA, it is a law that a) no streets are straight, b) no street may be labeled with the name, and c) every interesection either must not be 90 degrees, or there must be at least 2 choices of turn. In the week we spent there, we never got to the park without getting lost. And that was with a navigation system.

tallyo

1. The first thing is to go out and see for yourself, these forums never ever can agree on anything . It is always all about money. Everything seems to be either crooked dealers, rip offs or just plain "I got screwed". I guess you need to filter out what you think is right and wrong. I am not sure there is a right or wrong, so much is personal preference.

2. The biggest challenge is keeping the RV running smoothly. So get a good one ,get a good warranty, and find a good repair facility.

3. There are so many places. That's what makes RV'ing so great. They are easier to see than traveling by car and staying in hotels. I like Northern Arizona, Utah, Colorado and the Oregon Coast for scenery.

Have fun and stay safe

rjann

1) Most important is to know there will be repairs. The road is hard on any RV. Expect them and don't be discouraged.
2) I agree with hertig on this one. Having the gear you like makes it much more enjoyable.
3. For us, it's the long dirt road off the beaten path that leads to a secluded paradise.

DL Rupper

hey lynx, welcome to the forum.
!. All RV's are not equal. First you need to research the difference between types of RV's.
2. The greatest challenge is learning how to drive in traffic, park, backup, and know the limits of your RV.
3. Southern Utah's Red Rock Country.

Good luck and happy RVing. :)