New Camp Ground

G

well i just thought i would let u all know about a new CG here in TN ,, it's about 15 miles from Lenoir City and is accessable from both I75 and I40 ,, it's on 321 just east of Lenoir City ,, they have big pull thrus and plenty of room on the sights ,, full hookups (no cable) big huge bathhouse ,, no pool (yet) free wifi thru out the cg ,, laundry room ,, mail service ,, and paved roads ,,
their web sight is ,, lazyacres-rvpark.com ..
I must say it impressed me ,, and even though i live close to this place i did not know about it till today ,, on a service call ,, and it is even better now than the web sight pics show ,,, just thought i would throw this out to any rver's that are looking and traveling ,, i am in no way or form related to this sight ,, nor have i been there ,, but i must say ,, i will go ,, then i'll post on the results ,, as an rver :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

DEWar Dave

RE: New Camp Ground in Texas

We went to KOA in Waco and overall wasn't too bad. We are used to having a ton of space / privacy when tent camping. Our site, and every site at KOA, was bunched up next to eachother. Is this typical?

Any good ones out there to suggest to a newbie?

Dave
Houston, Texas

Kirk

Re: New Camp Ground

Dave,
I think that you will find most commercial RV parks are not very tent friendly. When we tented we spent the vast majority of our time in state and national parks. The public campgrounds tend to be much better spaced out. In Texas there are also a large number of parks run by the Army Corps of Engineers and located on lakes around the state. There are 24 COE lakes in Texas.

G

well just to let u al know ,, i am currently at Misty River in Waland, ,, and man it's cold 40 degrees below 80 :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :clown:

G

40 brrrrr degrees :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil: :clown: :clown:

G

i got to tell u nash ,, friday night it was 39 ,, and since i'm cheap ,, i didn't have the propane filled ,, 1/4 tank or so ,, so we ran the heat strips in the a/c units all night ,, both of them :eek: ,, saved propane for water heater ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Bet you just told Momma that so she would move a little closer :eek: :laugh: ;)

G

believe it or not ,, she was the one cold ,, and she loves the winter ,, but no :( ,, she just put a bigger blnket on the bed ,, :laugh: :laugh:

deniloo

RE: New Camp Ground

We have a tower ceramic heater for just that kind of weather. Instead of using our propane we use the electric heater. Has a thermostat, oscillates, and keeps the camper nice and warm. Only about $50 at Walmart.

G

RE: New Camp Ground

well ,, lucky for me i have the strip heater unit's in my a/c's ,, it kept the chill off ,, but then agian it was only 39 for one night ,, the next night was 50 ,, but i do have a ceramic heater also ,, but do not keep it in the MH ,, it is for winter camping ,, which i do not do ,, but then again if i do ,, i have the heater ,, spring and summer is my ideal camping ,, but others feel the opisite ,, but atleast all of us are out and about ,, spring,, summer,, fall,, winter :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: