New kids to the neighborhood

fastz28girl

My husband & I purchased a 2003 WinnebagoAdventurer 3 wks ago. On our way home from picking up the coach, we discovered the living qtrs. a/c was not producing the proper air. The blower works, it blows semi-cool air, NOT cold. The day we received delivery of the coach, it was quite HOT, like 104....it actually took 6 hrs to cool down 4 degrees. Neither myself nor my husband are mechanically inclined. We are on the Ga./SC borderline. We would like recommendations from some of your old timers as to what you think the problem might be or what the solution might be. Would you also recommend as service source that is reputable. We had considered purchasing some type of warranty, other than the regular automotive insurance. Not sure if that would be fesible or not. Just would like to hear from some of your longterm folks. Many many thanks for any information you could supply. ;)

akjimny

Re: New kids to the neighborhood

Hi Linda and welcome to the RVUSA forum. You have a seven year old a/c sitting up there on your roof. Chances are the seals have dried out and most of the freon escaped. It needs to be looked at by a competent a/c service person.
I bought the extended warranty for my 2007 motorhome, coach coverage only, as I am reasonably competent when it comes to automotive repairs. Haven't had to use it yet, so I don't know if it was a wise investment or not.
Hopefully someone on the forum is knowledgeable of the service sources in your area and can give you some advice.
Whole lot of typing but not much help - but again, welcome to the forum. :) :)

Bounder Boy

Only 3 wks old. I'd be going back to the dealer and ask them to correct the problem. Any reputable dealer will step up to the plate. If not, just tell them they bought themselves a whole lot of free advertisement and it won't be good either....... Walk away and never go back.

Bounder Boy

Bounder Boy - 8/9/2010 6:44 PM

Only 3 wks old. I'd be going back to the dealer and ask them to correct the problem. Any reputable dealer will step up to the plate. If not, just tell them they bought themselves a whole lot of free advertisement and it won't be good either....... Walk away and never go back.

Forgot to mention that I just bought a 1997 and they gave me a 30 warranty on Electrical, plumbing and mechanical.....