new member here!

JamesTheMan

im interested in buying an RV. i have a wife and 2 kids. what is the best starter rv?

thanks for your help!

james

LEN;78387 said:
If you are looking at 5th wheel a new diesel 3500 4x4 and a GREAT 5th wheel are in your budget even under budget quite a few grand. If a MH then a mid class A diesel pusher new or an upper class A used but will look like brand new. Are you looking at good weather camping or maybe some ski weather, this also makes a big difference in what we would suggest. Also how big of an RV are you looking for and what type of amenities. The upper end 5th wheels and motorhomes have it all but are larger to get around, nothing most people have a hard time getting used to, just a little transition time. Will you be caming-boondocking without power and water other than on board, this also makes a big difference in suggestions.

LEN

LEN

Welcome,
Well start with a Prevost and you will look no longer.
Not really,,, what is your budget, where do you live, where do you want to RV, and what do you like to do, do you already have a large tow rig?

LEN

JamesTheMan

LEN;78367 said:
Welcome,
Well start with a Prevost and you will look no longer.
Not really,,, what is your budget, where do you live, where do you want to RV, and what do you like to do, do you already have a large tow rig?

LEN

Wow is all I can say. I have never heard of Prevost they look really expensive. Currently I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I would really like to be taking trips of to Utah more often, preferably Duck Creek. That is where a bunch of my relatives live. I am not too sure what my budget is.. probably less than 180,000 so I don't know if I will be able to afford a Prevost. Any other choices?

H2H1

for 180k you got a lot of choices to look at. BTW what year are you looking at 2012,2011,2010 or lower. I have an 03 southwind for sell with new carpet and vinyle. I can save you a lot $$$$ for your future travels.

rjf7g

You have a lot of choices for $180,000. Have you decided on the TYPE of camper you want? Go to the Explore RVs section of http://www.gorving.com/ to get started with that question. Then, ask away here!

LEN

If you are looking at 5th wheel a new diesel 3500 4x4 and a GREAT 5th wheel are in your budget even under budget quite a few grand. If a MH then a mid class A diesel pusher new or an upper class A used but will look like brand new. Are you looking at good weather camping or maybe some ski weather, this also makes a big difference in what we would suggest. Also how big of an RV are you looking for and what type of amenities. The upper end 5th wheels and motorhomes have it all but are larger to get around, nothing most people have a hard time getting used to, just a little transition time. Will you be caming-boondocking without power and water other than on board, this also makes a big difference in suggestions.

LEN

Boyde31

Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new too, and have been looking for a new RV. Let me know what you decide on. I have narrowed my search down to a few, but would like to get some feedback.

JordanAllen76

Boyde31;81426 said:
Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new too, and have been looking for a new RV. Let me know what you decide on. I have narrowed my search down to a few, but would like to get some feedback.

hi new member here, this thread is great for new members like me too!

RanCarr

You first have to look at everything that's available, from Travel-Trailers to Class-Cs and Class-As to 5th wheels.... then decide what would be best as a starter RV for you and your family. Since you don't know if you and your family will enjoy camping and traveling in an RV, you may not want to spend so much on your first rig. Many people buy and RV and after using it a few times decide it's not for them.

Please post back and let us know what you chose.

Sandra H

Not sure there is an easy answer to that question. I have had tent trailers, pull trailers and motorhomes. So far I like my motorhome best. My tent trailer was easiest to pull, cost less and
was a total pain to take home in the rain as the tent portion needs to be put away dry. With 5th wheels and Pull trailers you need an appropriate vehicle to tow so ask yourself if you are willing to fork out the extra cash if you have a 1/2 ton truck when you really should be using a 3/4 ton. Also ask yourself what do you like doing. If you like to spend lots of time in the camper you will need something larger than if you spend most of your time outdoors, cook outdoors etc. Motorhomes are great but they are hard on gas and usually take up to parking spaces or more at the Mall. Hope that helps you some. Its a big decision. Oh..and I forgot to add...buy good quality.