new member with a few questions

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by tjvpga, Sep 15, 2004.

1. tjvpga

tjvpga New Member

Hi, we are new here and we hoping someone might have an answer to a few questions. We just bought a 1999 gulf stream sun voyeger. It came with a tow bar I never heard of. Its called a "tow me tow bar". Does anyone know anything about it? Also, does anyone know where I might be able to pick up the manuals for this rig? Dealer could not find them. Thanks for any help.

2. Gary B

Gary B Senior Member

Hi tjvpga, welcome to the forum and rving, your best bet for the manuals maybe the mfg. Gulfstream, as for the tow bar haven;t heard of that mfg or model. Good luck and happy camping. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

3. sepisllib

sepisllib New Member

Likewise - I purchased my 1993 Gulfstream Tourmaster and it had nothing for manuals as to what works, where, and why. I called Gulfstream and they were super nice - asked if I wanted the manual for my coach and then after giving them my vehicle VIN# they said that they would ship one to me. The manuals have not yet arrived - but then it has only been 3 days too - but I am still trying to figure out the switches and buttons. As far as the tow bar - are you sure it is not the "Blue Ox" bar? One of the best out there as far as I am able to determine. I am in process of getting my 2001 Suburban 4X4 set up to tow behind mine. Going to use the Blue Ox and hard wired lights so that I do not have to pull fuses. Good luck. Bill

4. wanderlodge1977

wanderlodge1977 New Member

Hello,

Disclaimer: None of the information I am providing in this reply is confirmed, nor should ANY towing decisions be made from it. It is anectdotel in nature since I know nothing of your equipment.

I bought a brand new "Tow-Me" tow bar 4 years ago and have never used it. They were made by a company called P&E Industries 1-800-847-1050. I saw your question and looked them up only to find I can't find them! They had two part numbers for their bars Pt#7810 "Tow-Me Bar" -$425 w/manual locking arms & Pt#7820 "Tow-Me Bar" -$550 w/self-locking arms. They are/were both rated for 8000 lbs towing capacity. I may have the original paperwork but do not know where it is at this time. If you need it (and I can find it) email me at patrick.guy@sbcglobal.net and I will attempt to help you.

Good Luck!

PG :laugh:
    quote:Originally posted by tjvpga

Hi, we are new here and we hoping someone might have an answer to a few questions. We just bought a 1999 gulf stream sun voyeger. It came with a tow bar I never heard of. Its called a "tow me tow bar". Does anyone know anything about it? Also, does anyone know where I might be able to pick up the manuals for this rig? Dealer could not find them. Thanks for any help.

5. tjvpga

tjvpga New Member

thanks for the info. I was afraid they were no longer in business.