New RV

goatman7

I just purchesed a used 2000 Sea View 8340 "as is" and have a few questions;

1: The carpet it wet on both the driver and passenger side floor. The underlayment is plywood and other then being damp, looks ok. If I fix the leak, dry it out, replace the carpet and pad what concerns do I have? Should I urithane the floor before I place the new carpet down?

2: I would like to replace the carpet in the kitchen, slide area and bath area with lanolium or tile. How do I remove and add the new floor around the slide area?

Thanks

Kirk

Re: New RV

Tex, I do believe that is a class A from National RV.

The leaks are probably from the windows on each side. The best way to solve that is to remove them and replace the butyl tape that is there to seal them and the put them back in. You need to center the window in the hole, but it isn't a difficult thing to do. You can get the butyl tape from any RV supply store.

Once the leak is fixed, if the underlay is in good shape, you really don't need to do anything to it, but a sealant would not hurt. Laying the carpet is pretty much the same as in a house. Around the slide it is a much different problem. The RV shops do that part by removing the slide and then replace the carpet.