new RVer looking to buy a Class B -recommendations??

Highlander

Looking to buy a used Class B. Have seen ads for a Four Winds Citation (interesting name - do they go that fast to get a "citation"... lol), a Great West Van Classic, Chinook, Rialta, Gulfstream Ultima, or maybe Roadtreks??? What are some pros and cons? Other suggestions?
This looks like a great forum!

Highlander

RE: new RVer looking to buy a Class B -recommendations??

Wow - "34 views" and no bit of advice... anybody, anybody... ??? Help would be appreciated... prime time to travel and want to do it right... !

*scooter*

Re: new RVer looking to buy a Class B -recommendations??

OK, I'll be the first to respond. Welcome to the forum. I think your best suggestions will be coming later today. I have a class A motorhome so I'm no help, but you got a response. lol. And it is a great forum..Good luck

Highlander

Thanks "scooter", I was starting to think it was something I said... or didn't say, lol - great pic, dogs must be smiling to know it's travel season! I'm up in Chico, CA, where's Valley Springs?

LEN

Gues I could have said hi also.

But I to have a an "A" and really don't have much to say, but I do have a friend and his girl friend that travel in a Rialta for weeks on end and seem to enjoy. Don't think I could go that long in that small of a space. Also have a friend that travels in a roadtrek but doesn't say much.

LEN

rjf7g

Highlander-
Welcome to the forum. The idea of a "wet bath" is a turn off to my camping partner, so I haven't spent much time looking in to class Bs. I have a friend who has a Roadtrek and loves it expect for the fact that it seems to be a haven for mice. She had an old Winnebago Brave prior to the Roadtrek and it was stored in the same location w/o the same problem, but there are other factors that could come in to play.

*scooter*

Highlander, Valley Springs is in the foothills of Calaveras County south of Jackson north of San Andreas and Angels Camp.

cwishert

We looked at class B's at first but for the same price we got a lot more room and a full bathroom in our class C. But in my opinon about the class B the Roadtrek was probably the best one we looked at. The Rialta is very nice also. But I have no experience with them except for seeing them.

Highlander

RE: new RVer looking to buy a Class B -recommendations??

thanks for replies!
Keep'em coming...
guessing not many Class B'ers here?
Scooter - friends are in Plymouth this weekend - near you!

brodavid

we started off with a Provan Tiger, 19 feet

jeepnbeep

We are also looking at class b's...roadtreks and rialta are the only ones that we have heard off.

Still be very undecied. So far, what we have learned is that it's very hard to find a used one and the new ones are very pricey. We went to a dealer and happened to look at a new 09 Bt Cruiser for 44K....it's a big bigger but it's about 24ft. But for the price, I think it's reasonable.

However, we sort of want something that is easy to maneuver because we won't be traveling that much. We just want something convenient and have something just in case we get tired driving back home.

I hope you get more response from other people...Goodluck

CAC RV

My preference, if money is not an object, is Four Winds Ventura class B motorhome. Roadtreks are very nice too but I find they concentrated too much on practicallity in their interior design and skipped some aesthetics of the interior design.