new to a class

David C

Hi everybody! I have just bought a 2000 georgetown 30' A class. Milage is low (30,000) generator has 19 hours on it. This unit has an Arctic package for cold weather camping. How does this Arctic package work and how cold of weather can I go out in? Next question is about the 5.5 Onan generator, Can it be running while travelling? This coach is powered by a chev 454 FI on a workhorse chassis, can anybody give me pro's and con's about this set-up? Any other tips or adice in regards to this Forestriver unit would be Aprieciated. Thanks all. :)

ARCHER

Re: new to a class

Little late for pros/cons since ya already bought it. Yes, you can run generator while driving. Better run the geni more...gums up if it is not run regularly. Owner's manual??

DL Rupper

The "Artic Package" is just primarily an up graded R insulation factor. You need to know what it is to know what type of weather you can handle. Generally speaking if it has an Artic Package it will be somewhat warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. It usally includes more insulation in the sidewalls, roof, and floor as well as insulated and heated fresh water/gray water/ black water tanks. It may also have larger air conditioners and furnace. You really need to contact the manufacturer to find out specifics of your model RV.

David C

No I disagree! Not to late to look for pro's and con's I have already asked this question on other sites and gotten some real usefull feedback. The feedback I got convinced me to buy this unit. I'm just trying to get an expanded view on this manufacturer and some clairity to questions I have posted elsewhere. This coach came with all kinds of literature on everything except the Generator and the Arctic pack. I will call F/R and see what I can glean from them. Thanks guy's
D.

Kirk

The genset works just fine while traveling and most of us do that at times when traveling in hot weater because your dash air will not cool the entire motorhome to comfort. We also use ours to operate the microwave at times and for other things. It is a good idea to run the genset for an hour at 1/2 load at least once each month, whether in use or storage.

David C

Thanks Kirk! Loved your web site as well! Man there is alot of info just on your site alone! I just can not wait to go full time one day. :) :) :) :) :laugh: :laugh: