New to rving looking to get an airstream travel trailer

mgentry123

Hi I am trying to decide between a 16 or 19 foot airstream travel trailer. I only plan to use it for short trips in the state (most 3 hours away) and as an office outside my home. I have 2 kids and a dog. I'm sure in a few years the kids won't want to come with us anymore. I can't decide which one is a better fit the price between the 16 and 19 is significant. Also about how much does insurance and registration cost? Are there any other hidden fees that i need to know about when buying? Any advice on travel trailers would be appreciated. Looking at a used trailer 2008 or newer. Ill be pulling it with a large suv that can tow 7500 lbs. I'm not looking for a broker or sales on here just advice. Located in CA

Thank you

H2H1

Hi and welcome back, I DO THINK MOST will need to know the year, brand before any comments can be given. However, tires and battery or batties would one concern, the other would be water leaks. Have you really looked around it , like inside the cabinets and closets. That is my suggestions, but there will be others.

Triple E

Airstreams are nice trailers. If you plan on keeping while the kids are growing you might grow out of the 16 footer pretty quick. I know the 19 foot will be more money but cheaper than buying another one because you out grew the first one. Not sure about any hidden fees but being from California,,,,,,. Are you looking at buying new? Insurance, check with Geico. They seem to be pretty decent on RV's. Good luck and keep in touch.

C Nash

Airstream rvs are great trailers. I have owned a 16, 28, and 31 foot. The 28 ft was a great size and very easy towed. Another question I have is what will you be towing with? If you are going camping why not have one you can sleep in?