new to the life

rock&roll

hi everyone my wife & i puchased a travel trailer on the ocean about 2 years ago i have never pulled anything like this as we are nearing retirement i was wondering if these are hard to haul also wondering if i could actually live in it for about 3 to 4 months at a time as we only now use it on the weekends it is a 29 ft rls cougar we are now in canada & would love to become snowbirds in arizona but never been there also wondering how much a good site would cost for a few months if anyone has some ideas it would be cool to hear from you thanks for your time

brodavid

welcome , and the next question is " where are you planning on visiting?" different areas different prices, even in the Myrtle Beach area the prices are up or down taking in the considerations of where they are located and where the tourist like to visit
need a little more info

LEN

Welcome! Yes this size is pulled all the time. You do need a tow rig big enough for the job. And you will need to check all the hitch systems, lights and brakes and most likely a load leveler hitch is in order. Also sitting on the ocean you should get a good look at the wheel bearings and the tires should be inspected.

LEN

rock&roll

thank you so much for the info i never thought of that would a 2500 or 3500 diesel be good as i think a 150 would kind of small for power

krsmitty

rock&roll;74736 said:
thank you so much for the info i never thought of that would a 2500 or 3500 diesel be good as i think a 150 would kind of small for power

IMHO...2500 (Ram :)) diesel would be an excellent choice. Plenty of power, better MPG than a gasser, made for towing, still big enough for future upgrades in RV's.

LEN

If new I think the Ford Chev or Dodge 2500 or better would do the job. If used look out for the Ford(do a search on years of bad diesel Ford motor).

LEN