New to the rv community, and pretty ignorant

sportrk

Howdy all
Just bought a '97 Coachmen Catalina Sport 220rk, class "C" with some minor(I think) issues. First thing. The over cab bunk is missing...the slide platform and folding pad. I would like to replace it. What is the proper name for this assembly? I have googled various names, that I thought might get me a hit, but have had no luck. It also needs new decals, but again, no luck with finding a kit to re-do them. Last but not least, previous owner never used the generator, and while I was giving the MH the initial check out, it wouldn't start. Main fuel tank showing 1/2 tank. It's an Onan 4KV. Is there a valve in the fuel line. or is the likely culprit, a shellacked up carb? Some switch that needs to be on? Turns over fine, just won't hit.......so I don't know if it generates or not. It looks brand new.
Last question(for now, anyway!). Where is THE best source for replacement parts, and accessories for Coachmen? Certainly not the company website!

Thanks, and looking forward to more discussions, as I get more experience owning an RV.

Dennis Phillips :cool:

LEN

Re: New to the rv community, and pretty ignorant

Welcome,
The cab over bunk is just a 4" or 6" mattress. For a lot of the questions if you have a digital cam apic is worth you know and this site has a photo album you can load to. As to the gen, I would squirt a little gas in the carb intake and see if it fires, if it does you have a fuel issue if not a spark issue(I would check for spark by pulling a plug and turning the gen overand see if there is spark before the gas thing)
Decals for a 13 year old coach, good luck.
As to parts unless they are a coachman item just about any RV supply will have parts from the OEM to after market on the brands installed in your coach.

LEN

sportrk

Hi Len
Thanks for the advice. I'll try the generator tips. I have a '52 international cub tractor, and just bought the full decal kit for it. I just figured some might be available for my MH. As for the bunk, I would need the solid sliding platform to cover the cut out, and the folding pad. Again, just figured that assembly might be available somewhere. Thanks again for your reply. I've already discovered alot of good info on this forum.

Dennis Phillips

LEN

Ok I see what you mean by bunk. The table is what goes in the open area, if that is missing try a search on Rv wrecking yards or used rv parts and you may find what you are looking for there and maybe the same colors you have. From memory there are two designs. 1. A wrap around and 2. A booth stile. The wrap around will have two pads that fold at each end and one pad against the wall that folds, the wall piece slides down flat and the two others side down and are the the same length as the wall. the booth type just slide down together and form the bed. The table drops into the open leg area for both. BOY I hope that makes sense.

LEN

Tnsledder

As far as decals. If you are really set on replacing them. I would suggest going to a place that cutouts vinyl lettering or signage. But I say it may not be cheap. I have to agree, though, you need something to break up the solid color sides. :cool: