Newbie needs Help!

slharman1

I am new to the RV world and love it.
I am thinking about buying a 28' or smaller travel trailer (pull behind) that I can pull with my 1/2 ton p/u. I have been doing my homework regarding weights and hitches but I need help with knowing what brands are of a good quality. From reading this forum I think I should stay away from Forest River, but do they manufacture under other names? What is a good unit and what should I stay away from?
Any help would be appreciated.
Also... I am thinking of buying in the 4-8k range and I am seeing lots of options in age from 1980's to 2006 models.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Kirk

Re: Newbie needs Help!

First of all, the very best place for an inexperienced RV buyer to get quality information is to join the RV Consumer Group. www.rv.org

They will supply a great deal of information about quality and how to judge them. There is a very wide range in budgets but if you are looking at the lower end of the marked, then I suggest that you start with Keystone as they are reasonably good quality for a pretty low price. As you go up the price line you also increase in quality, as a general rule. But just to be sure, that is where people like the RV Consumer folks come to play.