Newbie question

Discussion in 'Beginning RVing' started by westfi1, Oct 30, 2009.

1. westfi1

westfi1 New Member

I am a new member and this is my first post. I have a 2004 Dodge 1500 pick-up that I would like to find a used slide in truck camper for. It is half ton with a crew cab and a 6.5 foot bed. It is a 4x4 with the hemi engine. It has the towing package with heavy duty everything-springs, shocks, axles, cooling system, battery, etc. It has a removable tailgate, stabilizer bar, and transmission fluid cooler. The GVWR is 6650 pounds, and the GAWR front/rear is 3900/3900 pounds.
    What I need to know is whether or not I can put a slide in truck camper on it, and if so, how much can it weigh ? Thanks very much in advance for responding.
  2. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Re: Newbie question

Hello and welcome. I actually think if you go to, you can find out what the payload capacity of your truck is. There is a slide in that your truck can carry, but you need to check it out fully.
  3. gladned

gladned New Member

RE: Newbie question

Maybe a late reply, but I just found this site, and have been researching tow vehicles - look at trailer life magazine towing guides. It's an RVer magazine and has towing guides for all years up to 2008. Below is the address. Good luck