Bklynboy44

Hi,
I am brand new to this forum, and to RVing. In fact, I've never spent a single night in an RV. However, my wife and I have just reserved a 30 foot class C and a site in Williamsburg, VA, for October 14 - 17. I would like to talk to those of you that have a word or two for a newbie.
Do you know of any RV clubs in the Ocean or Monmouth county area in New Jersey
Thanks

akjimny

Re: Newbie

Hi Bruce and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. Here are a few bits of advice I learned the hard way.

When driving a 30 ft motorhome, just remember - you have a whole bunch of vehicle behind you. When you go around corners, be sure you leave plenty of room for the back end to clear whatever you went around. Also, make sure everything is retracted (stairs), closed and locked (cargo compartments), lowered (TV antenna), disconnected (electric/water hose/sewer hose/cable tv) before leaving your campsite.

Hope you and your family enjoy your RV vacation. :) :) :)

H2H1

Just to add to Jimmy comments. Make you a list of what Jim has just stated. I know other will have some pointer also , so write them down. ONE important thing to remember is what ever you took out or down will have to go back up or in. You be OK if you make a check list and always go over it several time before you start to go. and I cannot express this hard enough,,,,,DON'T FORGET THE WIFE :laugh: :laugh: going or coming. Happy camping

bagman

Our new RV doesnt have any type of TV, owners took them. What service works the best for moving weekly. Dish, Direct TV or something different?