txwing

Have been reading the forums here for a while. Looks like this is the place to be. FYI about my wife and I. Bought a bumper pull 31 ftr about 6 months ago. Had some health issues and never got to use the rv. Everything taken care of and feel like a teenager again. The problem was that my wife and I had forgotten the setup procedure....solution..go back to the dealer and this time video it. Why I did not think of that when I bought it. I am also a Ham Radio Operator call sign KD5RDR. Sorry about being long winded, but this looks like the best rving forum to get on
:)

rvingal

RE: Newbie

Greetings txwing,

Congrats on you being healthy again. Now you should be able to start your RV adventures.

I like the idea of videoing your dealer setup procedures. The good thing is the video never forgets what it's recorded, as humans we usually forget what we were told or what we have seen.

Now get out there and start camping

Domingo

Re: Newbie

Good for you. health problems can be frustrating. glad your health is much better. My wife and I continue to go back and review the video every once in a while. It is a great idea to video tape everything. I agree with you this is one of the best spots for hanging out.

C Nash

Welcome to the forum Ken. Great to hear you got over the health problem and will now get to enjoy rving. :) Hope you hang around and get to know all here and I'm sure you will add a lot of knowledge to the forum. Most questions are generally answered and then a lot of fun will be added. Great group of rvers here.

txwing

RE: Newbie

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome (sorry for the warm word to all of you having to shut down for the winter.

DL Rupper

Welcome to the forum Ken. We are not shut down for the winter. We are justing getting warmed up for the winter fun. ;) :laugh:

loviosa

I am just new to this forum both in reading and posting. My husband and I are just at the point of buying our first TT. I like your idea of recording the setup procedure. We are definately going to do that when the time comes.

Loviosa
Here's to the game
Life is an adventue.........live it large.

C Nash

Welcome to the forum Loviosa. Don't worry, all us rvers will be sitting in our rvs watching and recording your first setup. :eek: :evil: :laugh: ;) We'll share a copy with you. :)

G

Nash ,, we all know what u'r setup video will be ,,, ;) ;) ;) :eek: :eek: ,, oh u thought i was thinking dirty ,, shame on u ,, Nash will be the star ,, no doubt ,, with his hazmat suit on ,, and still trying to find the city water connection ,, (he get's it wrong everytime ) :eek: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :clown:
but nothing meant towards u Vicky ,, we clown around here with each other from time to time ,,, and yes the setup video would be good ,,, that way u don't forget it ,,,, now where did i put the sewer hose :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Domingo

Welcome back glad to know health has improved. My wife and I look at the video, maybe not to look at what we need to do but to look at how confused we looked as we took delivery. It was somewhat comical. We had no idea what we where getting into and how much there was to do. I am glad we did it, if nothing else it is a recording of the beggining of many fun times that where to come.