NO POWER PLEASE HELP!!

phish73

Hi very new to camping , bought a used trailer.
i was playing with the tv booster, after i was done i discovered the lights and other things that are supposed to work on battery alone (not plugged in to house or truck) dont.

ive checked all the fuses i can see. battery has 14 volts . what am i forgetting or where should i look at??

please help
thanks

ARCHER

Re: NO POWER PLEASE HELP!!

Sounds like maybe a circuit breaker has tripped. is there a circuit breaker box located somewhere inside, like near fridge? If so, check to see if one might have tripped. Sometimes a battery may test out to be ok, but when power is pulled from it, it may be low. what were you doing with the tv booster (playing with it?) and were lights working before you played with it?

phish73

I Checked the breakers. and i tested the battery with the trailer unplugged.
the booster is no good i was taking it out of the system, so my tv reception would be better and now its perfect. but of course something else breaks. so i put it back in and it didnt fix anything.

DL Rupper

RE: NO POWER PLEASE HELP!!

Hey phish73, when you took the booster/amplifier out of the circuit, did you get the wiring crossed or loose the ground? :question: Sounds like you have a break/short in the 12v circuit.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Archer and DL are putting you on the right track. You have blown a fuse or lost a connection you have not found yet.

Kirk

What about a battery isolator? If you have one it will usually be near the entry door and the purpose is to seperate the battery for storage. It would do exactly what you have. If you can't find the problem, take the meter that you checked the battery with and start checking from each point on the positive connections to ground. If you start at the battery and then check at each junction point in the leads, you should be able to locate where the problem is pretty quickly. Another test that you can make is to plug in the 120V shore power cord and see if you then have lights. Your lights work from 12V-dc power but there is a converter that changes the 120V-ac power to 12V-dc for the lights and other such loads, as well as to recharge the battery. You can pretty well eliminate all of the 12V distribution if the lights work from shore power. That would then just leave the part between the distribution panel and the battery.

Another thing that might help is if you were to post what make and model of trailer you have.

phish73

RE: NO POWER PLEASE HELP!!

WOW Thanks for all the responses. i walked into a trailer store today and they said the same thing , must be a fuse link somewhere between the battery and the panel. still have to look for that. all my lights work everything works when its plugged in to the 110 and or the truck power. so i need to make sure there is no link somewhere i havent seen yet.

the trailer in question is 1998 26 ft aerolite .
to hot to play in it right now , but keep your ideas coming.
thanks
phil

ps when i figure it out i will let you all know.

s.harrington

What type of convertor do you have? If it is a Magnetek 6300 series, when you open the flip down panel and look at the fuse side you will see a place to hook up the + battery wire, the - battery wire and at the top of the board with the fuses, you will see a blue wire. Use a test light and see if you have power at the blue wire. If you have power at the battery + lead but not at the blue wire you will need to replace the lower section of your power distribution center with a 7345ur kit. I would say get the old convertor section fixed but you can't get the parts anymore.

phish73

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG
I FOUND THE PROBLEM I HAVE A RESET SWITCH HIIDEN IN THE STORAGE UNDER THE BED AND THE ONLY WAY TO SEE IT IS FROM THE GROUND . FIXED IN SECONDS THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.