No power to slide out on 2000 Fleetwood Terry

carson4

Have repaired motor and hooked up to car's battery and it works. When I hooked the motor back up the trailer, can't get power to the motor. Interior lights work, etc. but nothing at the slide motor. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

H2H1

Re: No power to slide out on 2000 Fleetwood Terry

hello Carson and welcome. I ask that you wait and some of the RVs tech will come on and answer your question. I personally think it may be your ground, but I am no RV tech, just a RVer. :laugh: :laugh: good luck

ARCHER

Well, Carson, sounds like perhaps you have a similar problem like me. I had a problem with the in-line breaker switch on my Sunset Creek where it rusted off one of the contacts. I had a heck of a time finding the problem, but GTS (Kenneth's team) walked us thru it on the telephone and we finally found where the wire was broken off. If i held the wire to the contact, boss could push switch inside and bring in , put out the slide. I'm stopping at GTS next Monday on the way to Fl for winter to purchase a new switch. Just a thought..... ;)

brodavid

also welcome to the forum,
I agee with Hollis and Archer

C Nash

Do you hear a click or do the lights dim when you hit the switch? Most also have a brake system. My guess would be a wire or relay. Have you checked to see if you have voltage at the motor? The two wires going to the motor are both voltage carring wires. One for in and the other out or that's the way mine operates. Ground comes through the mount. Are the batteries fully charged?