Non-US citizen Motorhome ownership

ivonoliveira

I´m a Brazilian citizen. My wife and daughter have dual citizenship (Brazilian and Portuguese). Our residence is Porto Alegre, South Brazil, near Argentina and Uruguay border. Next year we plan to buy a Class A Motorhome in US. We´re planning to buy and keep it in US/Canada. We´ve been working hard to spend about the half of the forthcoming years driving around US and Canada, it means 6 months down here in Brazil and the next six months driving around US/Canada.
The question is: We don´t know anything about the laws and taxes involving a non-citizen motorhome ownership. Please set us the direction to find it out before buying it. We want to be sure since the beginning that our plan covers all these issues.
Thanks in advance for any help in clarifying those issues.

Greetings

Blueeyes

RE: Non-US citizen Motorhome ownership

There is a member from Australia that replies about buying an rv in the US. His name is Big Bilko. You might do a search on his name for some prior posts.

LEN

Re: Non-US citizen Motorhome ownership

Also there is two couples from Sweden( The Swedes are coming) on IRV2.com that share a MH in Canada and the US 6 months each a year, they would know. They have a Monaco so you can find them on the Monaco forum.

LEN

vanole

Dang Len you and I think alike. I PM'd the original Poster with the IRV2 gouge on "The Danes are Coming" yesterday. Hopefully they get in contact especially seeing how they (the Danes) had a glitch in a visit not to long ago.

Jeff

LEN

OOPS you are right on the name Danes is what I was referring to but had a brain F*** this morning.

LEN