norcold refrig

G

has anyone had this prob??
My refrig will not show the a/c light when it is plugged into a shore line...
Also if i try hard enough i can kinda get the a/c light to come on if i play with the mode switch,,,
I am cureently teting the lp part of it now...
If it doesn't get cold does anyone think it might be a board prob or the mode switch...
Anyway the board tester is $120.00 and the board is $110.00...
So if the lp thingy works then i guess the board is the way to go...
Any input on this

TexasClodhopper

Re: norcold refrig

Just because you have or don't have the AC (not "a/c" which usually refers to air conditioner) light doesn't tell us whether you have or don't have a cold refrigerator.

You could be having a LIGHT problem and not a COLD problem.

Does it get COLD or not on AC?

G

never mind i found the prob ,, the power supply board is burnt..
The capicitor is kinda blown out,,, i found a new board from PPL Motor Homes and it is on the way as i speak...
Bty ... the switch tested good,, i had readings on both sides ( the gas part and the AC part),, so i guess that the switch is good (it is part of a board also)..
Thanks for the input.. :) :) :) :)

hertig

I tried starting up my Norcold, and the AC works fine, but propane won't (no FL is the code). This is supposed to indicate no flame. Pulling the cover off the burner, it looks ok, and when LP tries to starts, I'm getting sparks. But no gas. The stove works fine and the tank is full. Any suggestions?

G

when is the last time u cleaned the orfice of the burner...
I had a similar prob and found the orfice was partially stopped up..
Bty check to make sure u'r gas seleniod is working ,, it should click when it fires of the gas mode ,, if not ck the fuses on the power board...
Bty i response to my last post about the refrig,,, i also tested the 120 element,, it was bad ,, so i am thinking this is waht burned the board...
I taslked to some local rv shops here and they said if they find a burnt board they replace both elements ,, The 120v and the 12v element (if it has one)..
I orderd both,,, just incase ;) ;)

G

when is the last time u cleaned the orfice of the burner...
I had a similar prob and found the orfice was partially stopped up..
Bty check to make sure u'r gas seleniod is working ,, it should click when it fires of the gas mode ,, if not ck the fuses on the power board...
Bty i response to my last post about the refrig,,, i also tested the 120 element,, it was bad ,, so i am thinking this is what burned the board...
I talked to some local rv shops here and they said if they find a burnt board they replace both elements ,, The 120v and the 12v element (if it has one)..
I orderd both,,, just incase ;) ;)

G

sorry hit the button twice while editing so disregard the message with the bad spelling :blush: :blush: :blush:

hertig

Thanks, I've never cleaned the orifice (in the 2 years I've had it); that was my suspicion. Probably will have a professional look at it, as the manual warns it is very easy to damage it.

Where abouts is the 'gas solenoid', and what does it look like? There is something in the gas line in the refridgerator burner compartment, which if I remember correctly has wires going to it, and there is a bigger box in the propane tank compartment (but if that was bad would seem to prevent the stove from working).

G

The selenoid that is was refering to is in the area around the ignitor and the main power board,,, U should see a copper line going to it ,, it should have 2 red wires attached to it,,, have someone inside the coach kick on the gas part of u'r frig and hold u'r hand on the sel... and feel if it clicks....
:)