North America/Central America RV Trip of a Life Time

CAC RV

My wife and I are planning a 1 year plus RV trip through North and Central America and wondered if anyone had advice to provide us.

We are new to RVing and we are jumping into this with both feet. We are purchasing a Class A 45 ft coach and stacker trailer to tag along. I know, its a lot of vehicle for a newbie, but I say go big or don't go at all and I've always been very good at handling vehicles of all kinds.

We are planning on leaving Toronto, Canada in late Aug, early Sept. The route we are contemplating is thought to go something like this:
-Chicago
-St Louis
-Then the mountains of Colorado and Utah
-Then to the Grand Canyon
-Lake Mead (going to rent a house boat for a few days or so)
-Vegas
-Then head to the coast of the Gulf of Mexico through Texas and into Mexico.
-In Mexico we will want to hit the Mayan Rivera
-And then head south to maybe as far as Panama
-We want to then start heading back up the Pacific coast and back towards California, Washington and Oregon.
-By the time summer is back we will head to British Columbia and head up to Alaska.
-Finally once Fall has is upon us we will start to head back towards Ontario and catch the fall colours.

Its a lot of travelling for sure but we think it will be wonderful. What we don't know is how RV friendly is Mexico and the countries south of that? Are the main highways good enough for a 45ft RV with a 24 ft trailer? Are some of these regions/countries a little too unsafe to be able to really enjoy them?