Oasis RV Park Amarillo, Texas

SharonLG

Hello,
My name is Sharon and my husband and I recently bought a Keystone Fifth Wheel. We went on our first trip this past Memorial Day weekend to the Texas Panhandle. I have always wanted to see Palo Duro Canyon near Amarillo, Texas. Little did we know that you have to reserve space on Holiday weekends. Which was fine as we found a lovely little RV Park in Amarillo to set camp. We took our truck to the Canyon and it was amazing. The canyon is very beautiful and has alot of history. The RV Park we stayed at was Oasis RV Park on I-40 west of Amarillo. The staff was gracious to us and they even had a restaurant with really good BBQ. I always thought South Texas had the best but theirs was really good. This Park has a laundry, swimming pool and a sauna! On our 2nd day there, the refrigerator was not cooling so we asked the manager if he knew of an RV service center..Well come to find out, they had one right there!! The manager called his technician and sent him to our trailer immediately. Within 1 hour, our refrigerator was fixed! I do believe it was operator error according to the tech, my husband says different. :laugh: Needless to say, the technician only charged us half an hour for the job when he stayed there for almost an hour checking on our refrigerator and answering any questions we had. The labor rate was $90 per hour! I did not think you could get one in a shop for under $100 an hour! The tech was very friendly and so was the whole bunch at Oasis. I will definitely be telling my friends and go back next time we are in Amarillo!

pezar

Re: Oasis RV Park Amarillo, Texas

Some Dometic models can be confusing to use. I used a 1990s-era Dometic for a while and the lights and buttons were confusing at first. Also, I bet Amarillo was pretty warm. If it's hot enough, the metal cooling fins will ice up and the fridge will quit. What I do is to let the thing warm up enough to loosen the ice, then de-ice it using a letter opener or large knife. A letter opener is best. Simply dump the ice in the sink. If you're gonna be doing a lot of travel in the Southwest during summer, your fridge WILL ice up.

try2findus

Hi SharonLG and welcome to the forum.

We are also HUGE fans of Oasis RV Resort in Amarillo. We found it quite by accident the first year it opened. They have come a long way and strive to make you stay most enjoyable.

We have sung their praises several times on this forum so I will not repeat myself, but we also HIGHLY recommend this very reasonably priced resort.

Hope to see you there some time.

try2findus

And I am sure you will since "great minds tend to think alike"!

Glad to have you aboard the RVUSA Forum. We have the greatest (and smartest) RV'ers on this site. :)