oh where has my hot water pressure gone?

krautdog

Had a bit of a strange occurrence Friday, getting the trailer ready for the season and discovered nothing is coming out of the hot water faucets when hooked up to the city water supply but the cold runs fine and there are no leaks. I discovered that if I open the hot water faucet in the bathroom-nothing but if I go to the kitchen and run the cold then open the hot water faucet there, it starts to flow out of the hot faucet in the bathroom- do I have an air pocket in there? There’s no by-pass on the hot water tank. The only thing I did different this year was instead of just running all of the antifreeze out of the faucet, I drained it out of the hot water tank first. Started grilling brats and enjoying a beer so I didn’t investigate further, maybe I’ll drain the hot water tank again? Has this ever happened to anyone else out there? do I have to call ghostbusters?

akjimny

Re: oh where has my hot water pressure gone?

When you are hooked up to city water, try opening the pressure relief valve on the hot water tank. If you get air, you had an air pocket. If you get water, ? ? ?

LEN

Do you have the winterizing bypass valves in the right position?

LEN

krautdog

I did get water out of the pressure release valve so I think the tank is full and I don’t think I have a by pass, unless I do and it somehow switched on its own, not sure if that’s possible. At first I had antifreeze flowing then the pipes started banging and it stopped so I suspect air, I’ve done home plumbing before and had the banging from air but I’ve never seen the water totally not flow. I’ll have to research some more this weekend, thanks for the suggestions though. :question: :question: