Oil changes

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by thomasamski, Sep 2, 2010.

1. thomasamski

thomasamski Member

We're going on our first cross country RV trip. Where is the best places to get oil changes? Truck stops? Quickie oil change places? Also, we have a 2007 Coachmen Freelander on a Ford V-10 platform. Is changing the oil every 3,000 miles too much? Someone said every 5,000 is enough. Some input please? Thanks.
  2. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Re: Oil changes

I would change my oil at 5,000 miles, engines and oils are so improved, the 3,000 mile rule is really a waste of oil. Your owners manual will tell you what Ford recommends for your engine.

Personally, I don't trust the Quicky places...I guess they are OK, but....
  3. Shunpiker

Shunpiker New Member

4. keithb

keithb New Member

RE: Oil changes

+1 on 5K mile oil changes. That is when I change my oil. If you go coast to coast you talking maybe two oil changes. You could do it yourself or just go to a quickie oil change place. It is just 5-6 quarts of oil and a filter. I have a quick release ball valve on my 4Runner and it is the easiest/cleanest oil changes I have ever done. www.quickoildrainvalve.com. Have a great trip. :laugh:
  5. hamdave

hamdave New Member

RE: Oil changes

Took a trip this past June out west. Changed the oil just before we left, and waited till I got home to do it again. Just over 4400 miles.