Onan 5500 Gold wont stay on

mikey1000rr

gen is a 5500 gold on a 2006 toy hauler . I just got the rig old owner said it sat since about 2009 so I changed the air filter cleaned plugs new fuel cleaned carb the best I could with carb cleaner and 4c spray . Gen did fire up but idle is everywhere runs for either a few seconds or few minutes and quits with code 14,15 or 37 but if I pinch the fuel line gen stays on as long as I pinch and release for a couple of seconds and pinch again it will stay on as long as I do that . also I think the old owner tried firing it up when he had it and looks like he ended moving the spring from the notch it originally sat in ( I believe the one that hooks to the throttle and the lever coming from the engine) any help would really be appreciated

C Nash

Sounds like it is flooding. Float level, bad neddle and seat, float bad but need to goggle the codes to see what they tell you. Also someone may have installed a pump with to much pressure. This Onan requires a low pressure pomp. Welcom to the forum and keep us posted with what you find

H2H1

JUST TO ADD MY 2 CENTS , I would check the pressure on the fuel pump like Nash said, BTW Nash is pretty smart on 5500, he has one to. and a former mechanic teacher. Post back so we can learn from what you find