Onan Generator

MattL635

We have an Onan Generator Model 4kyfa26100F. We had the air conditioner on and then started the microwave. It kicked a breaker. We shut off the generator and reset the breaker. The breaker tripped a second time. We shut off the generator waited a few minutes for everything to cool.

Started the generator again and it would not generate power. The generator starts easily and stays running, but no power is generated. The breaker does not appear to be tripped. We changed the 5 amp fuse.

Everything runs fine when we plug into a standard electric plug.

Does anyone have any input on what could be the problem?

Thank you

akjimny

Re: Onan Generator

Hi Matt and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. If your system is like mine, you have two breakers - one in the line between the generator and the power distribution panel, and one on the panel. Check them both. It only cost me 3 days and a hundred bucks to learn this from the RV repair shop. :eek: :eek: :eek:

You didn't say what size your genset was, but I am assuming it isn't big enough to run both the AC and microwave at the same time. Post back and let us know what you find. :) :)

Triple E

Re: Onan Generator

Jimmy by looking at the model number I think he has a 4KW. I agree, it is to small for both the A/C and the micro-wave. I looked on BING and could not find much. Matt welcome. Do you have a on/off switch next to the start switch. I have turned my off, by accident, when reaching in to start the engine. The engine will start but generator power. You might check this out. Also might check your oil and water level. This might stop you from going to high power it either are low. Just a thought.