onan generator

stargazerww

hello im new here and ive been reading alot here but i have a question. i just purchased a 1989 fleetwood south wind 32 ft and i love it as a begginer rv as the wife and kids love it too. but the generator is very loud and by doing some research i found that there are mufflers that go up to the roof to quiet this down. its a 5.5 kw gen and what size muffler and where to get it ??? again thank you for any help that you can offer.

C Nash

Re: onan generator

welcome to the forum Brian. I think what you are talking about is an extension just to direct the fumes up and away from neighbors. I have not seen any with mufflers but the extra lenght will tend to quiten the exhaust. Is the noise from exhaust or just a noisy generator? If its the exhaust you might need to just ck the muffler that's on the gen.

G

well first off welcome to the forums ,,, and i agree with Nash ,, the extension is just for what he said ,, getting the fumes away from neighbors and ur 'self while close camping ,,, now the ????? ... the older Onan gensets were kinda noisy ,, but like nash said ,, is it an exhaust leak that is making the noise or the set itself ???? ,, also i would ck the mounts on the set ,,, if even one of them is bad or broken ,, it will cause the set to vibrate ,, and thus sending in all the noise thru the coach chassis ,,, Let us know what u find ,, and stick around ,, we like to have fun here also ;) :laugh: :cool: :) :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

stargazerww

cool thank you have to check the existing install closer but it is very noisy compared to my smaller portable coleman genset but i like this site so far and have been doing a lot of reading..