Onan Marquis gold 5500

Zaneyone

Anyone know how many hours one should expect to get out of these if they are well maintained?
RV salesman said 10,000 hours isn't unusual for these but........

H2H1

Re: Onan Marquis gold 5500

Just remember he is a salesman and his job depends on him selling, so he may stretch the truth. I have the same genset but no where near those hours. there fore I believe one should exercised the genset and changing the oil and filters will certainly extend the life of it.

LEN

Welcome,
No real answer but I look at it like a gas car of today. Most will make it 200000 miles and if you average 30mph that would be 6000 hrs so I would think with a gas gen should be about the same. But most gens don't get that much use. One in ten may have a1000 hours after ten years. Most are damaged by non use than those run out.

LEN

G

I agree with Len and hollis ,, use it or lose it ,, even if u are just storing it ,, u need to run it at 1/2 to 3/4 load for about an hr or more ,, it helps keep the windings free of rust and moisture ,, and it also keeps the seals and such pliable ,, but as for how many hrs it will run ?? that depends on the above maint ,, along with the oil changes and such ,, no one can really say how long one will last ,, i have seen some with 20 to 500 hrs on them ,, but they may go down the next time used ,, it is a piece of machinery ,, and u can not predict if or when it will decide to just give up ,, but maint is the big key ,, but not the promise it will last ,, JMO :approve: :approve: :) :)

brodavid

I agree , take care of it, run it, use it , and it should last a long time