Only in Texas

elkhartjim

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080815/ts_nm/texas_guns_dc_2
icon_smile_shock.gif

C Nash

Re: Only in Texas

Go Texas. I was not allowed to even carry a knife in my pocket. Sure glad they never searched me or my truck :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

We carried rifles in the trucks we drove to school, especially during hunting season, but nothing inside the school. We did not think about it, even consider it, don't know what is going on these days. Hell, the teachers and principal would come out and look at them, of course that was 32 years ago.

C Nash

Well, 50 yr ago when I was going to school, yes I did go to school, :laugh: we also had our gun hanging on a gun rack or under the seat and didn't even have to lock our vehicle. :eek: No problem then with someone coming on campus and shooting kids and teachers. Never had any accidents wit guns either. In this part of the country you grew up with guns, respected them and knew how to use them. Man if you just held the trigger back and pumped that old model 12 winchester it shot like an automatic. Held 7 shells wow what a weapon then.

G

Nash i gotta agree with u on all of that ,, and say this ,, our school here is k thru 12 ,, and even today ,, u can go thru the parking lot and see guns in the windows of pickups ,, and i know a few teachers that carry also ,, but to me ,, this kinda makes a person think ,, well the one that wan'ts to come to the school and shoot everyone ,,, i don't have a prob one with gun's on school prop ,, i grew up with them ,, but not once did i ever want to out and shoot anything else then a bird or gopher ,,, and i myself new better ,, cause if i pulled a gun at school ,,, my dad would be worse than any court or jail would have ever been ,,, and my son carried a 45 in his truck when he went to school 2 yrs ago ,, and they new it ,, but he knew also ,, he better not take it out there ,, cause if i found out ,, he new where the gun was gonna be pointed at (him ) but like u Nash and GTS ,, this is a hunting comunity ,, and all know better ,, JMO ;) :laugh: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

utmtman

A pat on the back for Texas. Utah has always been an open gun state where one could carry a gun on them or with them as long as it was in plain site. Now with all the school shootings they are outlawing guns in schools for everyone even those with concealed gun permits and its has caused an uproar at some of the colleges.

DL Rupper

When I was 16 years old (couple of years ago) growing up in Utah, I worked as a busboy and bought a fast draw Ruger Single 6 .22 pistol. I walked into the sporting goods store and bought it without having to have a parent with me or register the pistol. But then 1 year later I joined the Marine Corps and they issued me my own .45 auto to carry along with my Bazooka (3.5 Rocket launcher).

I didn't carry my Ruger pistol to school, but I would often strap on my fast draw rig and jump on my Vespa motor scooter and drive 4 or 5 miles out to the sage brush and hunt rabbits. We all carried rifle/shotguns in our back window of our pickups, even to school.

Now that California has invaded SLC, nobody would dare leave a gun exposed in their rear window. :(

H2H1

DL was it just a couple of years back that you was 16 , or light years :clown: :clown: :laugh:

H2H1

Hey DL, I heard you SS check started with zeros and ended with the number 2 :clown: :clown: :clown: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: JKWU

DL Rupper

;) ;) :eek: :eek: Light years? You know when you get up in years you just aren't sure about how many years ago something happened. I can still remember having a Ruger Single action .22 so I figured it must have been just a couple of years ago. I couldn't be older than 18, could I??????? ;)