Ontario Canada RV Campgrounds

rockofages

Hi everyone.
My husband and I are planning our first BIG trip in our 35 ft. Winnebago across Canada. we leave from our home in Vermont and want to go to Ottawa for the first stop. anyone got good ideas on Campgrounds there? I have a sister and some brothers in Carleton Place and in Ottawa so anywhere in that general vicinity would do. I DO have the Trailer Life Directory but wanted some more personal feedback.
Thanks in advance for all your help. You guys are the bomb!!
Helen (& Ray)

DL Rupper

Re: Ontario Canada RV Campgrounds

Wish I could help, but haven't been there since 1999 and the only thing I can remember is driving all day and then having a really hard time trying to find the Campground we wanted to stay in. Can't remember anything else

Kirk

We stayed at Camp Hither Hills when we visited Ottawa in Sept. 2006. It was not a great park but for Canada it was pretty nice. We spent several days there and they treated us pretty well. It is a Good Sam park.

aussie Keith

We were in Ottawa in July last year and stayed at Recreationland, just 15 min drive to the city. It was a comfortable camp with very friendly management. Cable and free wifi and the park was well laid out with plenty of room for big rigs. If we ever went that way again we'd use that park. One downside was ancient bathrooms, but we did not have to use them.