OPEC

C Nash

Well I see OPEC iswanting to cut oilproduction by 2 million barrels per day. Time for us to do as DL says and drill, drill, drill. Then we need to build refineries and do it now.

G

RE: OPEC

well nash that would be good ,, and i'm all for it ,, but one problem ,, BIG O ,, he has already stated that ,, he is gonna cancel the bill for drilling ,,, as soon as he is in office ,, well make that the second thing ,, the first is to get everybody with an income under 10 bucks a month cell phones ,, :angry: :disapprove: :)

jottoh12

RE: OPEC

C Nash - 12/17/2008 10:21 AM

Well I see OPEC is wanting to cut oil production by 2 million barrels per day. Time for us to do as DL says and drill, drill, drill.  Then we need to build refineries and do it now.

I differ compeletely with that assessment. No more drilling, no more refineries, no more fossil fuel. We must learn to walk to work, live closer to where we shop. We should use fuel only because we Want to, not because we Have to. Instead of more of the same, why don't we save our fuel for vacations and Sunday drives and stop using it to cross the street from one box store to the next? I have learned to like mass transit and ride sharing. Its great! I shop once per week, sometimes less. I have small home, very small and conserve everything. This is what we should do, not drill drill drill. Oh, and yes, I have several motorhomes parked alongside my 3 bicycles and NO, I am not a tree hugger or militant eco-terrorist. I just believe we can ALL do more...with less. But...this is just my opinion and you of course, have yours. Happy motoring and have a great Holiday!

C Nash

Re: OPEC

Merry Christmas Jerry. Well, that is the way I lived in the 40s and 50s. We did not have to go shopping even once a week. We raised most all our food and meat. Hunting during season supplied wild meat and fish out of the rivers and creeks helped when hunting season was out. Walked 2 miles to church ever Sunday and the car sit in the shed. Do you use the SEVERAL mh parked by the bikes. Worked for 55 years to be able to enjoy the American way. There is still plenty of oil down below and with new methods why not get it. Yes, I agree with finding new ways and means of traveling. Our vehicles are more eficient than they used to be. I use more energy when home than when on the road. Mass transit is a problem when you live in the bonnies. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

DL Rupper

Holy moly. drill, drill, drill. For goodness sakes the Chi Coms will take over the world at the rate we are going. Were starting to experience global cooling and the environmentalists still want us to believe in global warming. It's all about control. JMO. :approve: Merry Christmas all. Hope the word Christmas doesn't offend anyone. If it does, tough. That's what the season is all about.

C Nash

Well DL, will have to admit the 70 degree here today is kinda warm for Dec.

Jerry forgot to say "WELCOM to the forum"

C Nash

Just got a email from a friend in Wy and he said it was going to 20 below there tonight. Turn on the global warming :laugh:

G

ok nash just turned up the thermo on the old globe ,,, we are in the mid 40's ,, but damn rain for 3 days straight ,, but gonna be around 60 for christmas :eek: :laugh: :bleh: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

H2H1

Well I support drill here drill now. I do try to conserve on energy. I retired so I would not have to drive 70+ miles a day to and from work plus using my truck at work and getting mileage fee for it. we all can conserve more but in different ways. I don't have several MH only one that keep me broke. Merry Christmas AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY jENUS, and if I offend anyone to bad, SUCK IT UP, that my belief

campers4u

If its there drill for it ,,, in 10 to 20 years we more than likely wont be needing it anymore. Its 18 here for a high and a ice storm on the way with 6 to 10 inches of snow after that,,,,,, so I'll be burning up what your saving, as for the tree huggers, I'll burn up some of my wood pile if the ice storm knocks out the power. All of you have a great Christmas, do one thing , help one person that is having trouble over the holidays,,,,,,,,

ELLSBERRY RV
POLK CITY IOWA

cdude

You all sound like you are in a heat wave. 18 is a great temperature here but that is metric and in reality 18F equates to about minus 9C. :Love it when you talk high temperatures. Makes me feel real warm and I turn the furnace down. :laugh: :laugh: There is white stuff on the ground and it ain't no beach sand. :( My last year for it. :) :)

There's drilling (mostly gas and some oil) going on in this neck of the woods but no money available now to build refineries. A recent report suggests a Nfld refinery expansion shelved for now due to international credit conditions. Catch 22.

Merry Christmas everyone, and oh yeah I agree with Hollis' SIU.

utmtman

I dont support drill here drill now until we get more refineries to handle that and what we already have drilled. If they drill they ship it out of country to be refined and other countries get access to it as well. We have hundreds if not a thousand wells sitting waiting for a place to refine it. We presently ship 66 percent of all our oil to other countries for refining. What wrong with this picture? Dang it BUILD BUILD BUILD, refineries refineries refineries.