OPINION ON BUYING 2001 HOLIDAY RAMBLER

HR READY

WHAT OTHER MOTOR HOMES WOULD A 01 HOLIDAY RAMBLER 40FT ENDEAVER WITH ROADMASTER CHASSIS WITH A 330HP CUMMINS BE EQUAL TO. AM CONSIDERING BUYING ONE AND NOT SURE IF A 40 FOOTER IS A GOOD MOVE COMPARED TO THE 35FT PACE ARROW VISION I JUST SOLD. THE HR HAS A ROADMASTER CHASSIS THAT I DON'T HEAR MENTIONED VERY OFTEN. ANY OPINIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

LEN

Re: OPINION ON BUYING 2001 HOLIDAY RAMBLER

I have a 2000 with a Cat same trans and the freightliner. Endeavor is equal to monaco Diplomat both mid range solid RV's. Inspection is the key, find out just what you are buying. The motor most likely has 70000 on it(low mileage) tires are either getting old or have been replaced, batteries could be original but most likely newer, gen should have around 500 hours(the 7500 will go 10000). I have just gotten done on mine with a two year replace all the fluids(all) and filters plus air dryer. Endeavors are a well equipped MH and have a lot of systems to check out. Having had an A before you know it is a continual finding little thing and keeping up on them.

LEN

HR READY

HI LEN. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. THIS WILL BE MY FIRST PUSHER. HAD 2 CLASS A GAS UNITS THAT WERE 28FT AND 35FT. HOPE I CAN HANDLE A 40 FOOTER. ANY COMMENTS ON YOUR FREIGHTLINER VS A ROADMASTER. I THOUGH 1998 WAS LAST YEAR HR USED THE FREIGHTLINER CHASSIS. I GUESS I WAS WRONG. ANY IDEA HOW MANY AIR BAGS ARE ON THE AIR GLIDE SUSPENSION OR IF IT HAS AIR BAGS. UNIT HAS 40,000 MILES ON IT. WHAT KIND OF FUEL MILEAGE CAN I EXPECT WITH THE 330 HP PUSHING A 40 FOOTER. DON

nifty9

Welcome Don the ride on the roadmaster will be riding on 8 air bags most mid range dp or Spartan only us 4 bags still a very good ride does it have independant front suspention? as this will greatly inprove your driving.I have Newmar with the 350 8.3 cummins you can get 9 to 10 smiles per gallon.Dave

vanole

HR Ready,

For sure as mentioned above the Dipomat. Not sure when Safari and Beaver fell under Monaco but they had equivalent models also. I can tell you this much, My previous coach was a 2000 Diplomat and compared to my present coach (2007 Dynasty) there is no comparison. Construction on the 2000 was a heck of alot better. Fit and finish was awesome. Not so much on the Dynasty.

Not sure what the hitch rating was on the 2001 but the 2000 Diplomat only had a 5k rating. Also I'm not a fan of 40 ft M/H's. Many of them have smaller CCC ratings than say a 38 ft m/h of the same manufacturer. Extra 2ft of house on the same chassis. In my book a 40 footer is a tweener (let the flaming begin) if your looking at something that large and this is also my opinion look at something with a tag axle.

Roadmaster is a great chassis and will serve you well. For nifty 9 it does not have IFS and really does not need it.

I do think that 2001 was the first year that HR and Monaco were in bed togeter and shared the same production line.

V/R
Jeff

Triple E

Hello Don and welcome to the forum. Have you thought about doing an engine and transmission oil analysis. Doesn't cost all that much to have it done. Might take four or five days for the results but could be well worth it. ;)

:8ball: