ouch

deniloo

RE: ouch

I know it wouldn't help to not buy fuel for a day or two. Someone else will always be there to buy it when you don't. Maybe though we should target one oil company and not buy from them. It sure would put that company in a world of hurt and maybe they would bring their prices down to get us back? Hey if I knew how to fix this I sure would be more than just a lowly school bus driver.........who's job is in jeopardy because of the rising costs of fuel they may do away with the school buses. They call it privatization.

DL Rupper

Re: ouch

Target CITGO and put Hugo Chavez out of business. By the way diesel is still holding on the low side ($2.90/gal in NH). I think it has to do with the refineries only having to produce ultra low diesel fuel this year.

deniloo

The other day our local Marathon station lowered their prices 24 cents below the competition, from 10am to 6pm. People were lined up 30 cars deep for most of the day.(small town so 30 cars is alot!) Everybody was calling everybody telling them to get down here because the gas is so cheap,take advantage of the low prices while you can. Even though you waited in line for an hour the store was giving away free pizza and water while you waited so it was worth the wait! Yeah right! The low price was $2.95! I can't believe that we will wait in line for an hour to pay $2.95! I went across the street and paid the higher price. It took me 5 minutes (everyone else was across the street waiting in line and eating pizza). My truck tookabout 20 gal. So I did pay $4.80 more, and did miss out on the pizza but I was home while they were sitting in their cars. If it was an everyday thing I'm sure I would be in that line too but for $4.80 I just didn't think it was worth an hour of my day. And so sad that we think $2.95 is worth sittingthere for an hour..........

ARCHER

If you were filling an 80 gallon gas tank for a Class A, or around that price (maybe $40 savings, maybe the wait and eating pizza would have been fun and saved a little. It's all in the eyes and wallets of the beholders, I guess. ;)

deniloo

You're right there Archer! I sure would have been in that line if I was filling up 80 gallons, pizza or not!!!!! But it still irks me that we think that $2.95 is a LOW price and worth waiting in line for. One of the women that I work with was livid with her husband for waiting in line for that cheap gas. While he waited in line to save his $5 he was late picking his son up from school and they put the child in latchkey. It's $12 for latchkey and if they are not scheduled to attend but do it is an extra $6. So it cost him $18 to save $5 but he did get pizza.....

ARCHER

It was down to 2.99 yesterday but I was on the way home from the hospital so wasn't able to gas up. Hope it holds but I saw on net late that barrels already started cost back up again. Ole well.

deniloo

This roller coaster is better than any amusement park! Saw gas today for $2.72. So how can it go from $3.19 to $3.04 to $2.72 in 4 days? I just do not understand it.......