Our first R V trip.

daigno

Hello
we could use some help here, this will be our first RV trip.
we got a New 2009 cardinal 31 foot travel trailer with a New 2009 Ford F-250 3.73 ratio with a 5.4L engine.
From.. Medicine hat Alberta to Cannonville Utah on july 30 till aug 12.
having never pulled a holiday trailers before (but experiance truck driver..)
I have dificulty planing a route with realistic travel time.
In those hills with my truck/trailer set up how far can i expect to travel in a 6 hour drive.?
Great falls or helena ?
if you can help post or e-mail please.
daigno@yahoo.com

C Nash

Re: Our first R V trip.

Ben, welcome to the forum. It all depends on how many stops you make. I generally average about 40 miles per hour if i'm a looking and driving secondary roads. I'm retired so never in a hurry. Don't rush take your time and enjoy what you can in the time you have. Good luck and let us know how your first trip turns out.

daigno

Well at that time of year should we PRE book our camp sites or i,m i over planning..
would be terrible to get there with no stals avalible.lol

C Nash

Best to reserve ahead if you know where you will be going. We were through ther several year ago and did not make reservation and had no problem finding cgs with spaces. If you plan and stop early you should have no problem finding CGs with spaces. 150 miles is far enough to travel in a day for me although I have went 500 when we were going to Alaska.

daigno

One last question,
we looked at KOA, great web sites etc, is there other similar sites to find campground in montana and utah

H2H1

I know you said MT and UT, but stay away from Deadwood KOA it is the pits. the sites are terrace up a hill side and you are facing away from the scenery and vet close to the other sites.

LEN

Welcome,
As to how far in a day, we plan on 200-300 miles a day this is a relaxing pace so you can enjoy and take advantage of the amenities a camp ground has to offer. Pushed and on interstate I have done over 500 but thats just getting somewhere and not fun. Here is a site with campground reviews from people like you and me just traveling along.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com./

LEN

jack g

Len, thanks for the post on rvparkreviews. I have been looking at it fo a couple of days, planing a trip. If I wore a hat I would tip it at you.