out camping

G

well i see all this nice weather and lower fuel prices have got u all out ,, on this 3 day weekend ,,since it is kinda dead here tonight ,,, and i too would love to be camping ,, but i messed up ,, i booked last weekend instead of this weekend ,, forgot about columbus day ,, man what an idiot i am :( :disapprove: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

G

Re: out camping

well to let u all know ,, i met Hollis today ,, in person ,, real nice guy ,, him and his wife are down to earth type people ,, spent about 3 hrs with him and his wife ,, and i know Len has also met him in person ,, so now for me that is 2 that i have met ,, Hollis ,, GTS ,, now i would like to meet other's ,, but i thought about this on the way home ,, i should have got pics of us together ,, that way we have a kinda album of all that we meet ,, well the next time i will do that :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: ;) :) :) :cool: :cool:

G

ok now who is next on my too meet list :question: :question: :question: ;) :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Before we answer that Rod we will have to check with Hollis :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: ;)

G

well if u stand in line long ,, u will realize ,, that i am not really me ,, but an Ibot that was put on this forum to amuse u ,, :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ,, and Nash knows about the ibot's ;) ;) ;) ,,, oops that was hollis ,, sorry nash :blackeye: :blush: :evil: :evil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

I will get over into your neck of the woods some day in two or three years and will buy ya a cup. Met hollis and his dw also when he past thru here on his way to flagstaff. Good people fer sure.

Kirk

Take yourself a nice winter vacation and come on down to Everglades National Park when you get too cold and we will be happy to show you around! We will be living and volunteering there from Dec. 1 through April 1. For that matter, anyone on the board could get a free tour just for stopping by!

Now if you just quit that work habit and went fulltime like us, you wouldn't have to worry about what week end to book!

H2H1

well I am back from my fall trip to the Smokie Mountains and man it was great, cool to cold at night and very nice during the day. Yes Rod and his bride did come by and we just sat around and talked. Guys, he is a super nice guy and his wife IS ALSO. I even got a hat from his fire dept. that I will put in my trophy case with all my other valuable material. Kirk I think Rod is planning a Fla. trip for Christmas so maybe he can get up with you. Now if I can talk my wife into it we will come on down to meet you and maybe Rod and his wife again.

ironart

What a wonderful time to go camping.... :bleh: :bleh: :) :)

I just got back from 2 weeks in So. California. Went to 2 festivals, one in Temecula and the other in Ramona. Spent several days in Julian and Ramona and Lake Hinshaw. What a wonderful time. Must say that Lake Hinshaw in no longer on my list.....Really poor facility and NOT recommended.

The best were 2 San Diego County parks.....Dos Picos in Ramona... and William Hinsely Co. Park in Julian....Great places to stay and they both had Electric at each camp site..(only 30 amps) but was ample for us....$22.00 a night (we had 2 dogs) and if you stay mid week you get the second night free (till Dec 1st)...... No reservations and this time of year the parks are almost empty.....Just pick your spot and go back to the ranger and tell them where you are.......Really Nice..... All are "back in" sites but many were plenty big for a 40 with slides and many had a little spot for the toad to park next to the site.......Really nice parks :) :) :) :)

We will be 2 1/2 weeks home and then off again to Santa Barbara for a horse show at the Fair Grounds.....they are allowing us to "dry camp" at the fair grounds for no charge......Love that....

Happy Trails

Paul

cwishert

We will be at the beach this weekend. so Rod come on down to Texas and see us. We have been wanting to get out all month since the storm but I have had to work every weekend until last weekend. The weather is beautiful. 50 to 60 for low 70 to 80 for high mostly sunshine. We do have a cool front coming in late Wednesday night but that means it will be in the 70s for the highs for the weekend. I can fish in that kind of weather. :laugh: :cool: :) Oh yeah and the gas is $2.65 a gallon so we can get to the beach and back without taking out a loan :clown:

H2H1

Well you said the "B" word so Rod will on a high after that. He may take you up on your offer, besides he like to fish also. Man that would make him happy , the beach, fishing and while in Texas he could look up TC. well that will make his day. So Carol & John have a great time and be careful,,,,,,WISH GAS HERE WAS THAT CHEAP

ARCHER

We will be at the B.... for the next 5 months......just got done washing my TT roof, sunny and light breeze, momma doing laundry, and I can see the deep blue from right here in the TT while I am typing this note.....We are so lucky to be able to spend our winter in the Sunny South, Florida. Always great to get back home in the spring though. BTW, ya guys better watch out for Linda (my Mrs), as she can outfish all of ya put together, and I ain't telling any stories either........ ;)

cwishert

Well Archer, if our paths ever cross, me and your Mrs. will have to have a little tournament. My sister lives in Florida so hopefully one day we will make our way that far in the MH. First I have to get hubby to drive it through Houston. :eek: He has made it through San Antonio and all over around our area but just can't get him to head it up Hwy 59. :( I think Rod would love the beach that we go to. We park right next to the water. Of course it is dry camping but it is loads of fun. Right now mostly snowbirds will be there this time of year. But you can still get a tan even on your feet. :clown:

C Nash

Hollis, what is the price of gas in your neck of the woods? We may be coming back that way to do some family research. Troup County is suppose to have their research center up and running now. Was closed for repair when we were there before but was supposed to reopen in Sept. Guess I better call them tis time before heading that way.